cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After a whole afternoon’s trying, I still can not make or receive calls

lilian_liang
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

My earlier plan was unlimited province-wide talk, unlimited international text and 1.5GB data for 90 days payment cycle, it worked well.

roughly 2 months ago, I found the unlimited Canada-wide talk is same priced, so I switched my plan’s talk to unlimited Canada-wide, and chose to have my new plan for new cycle, which started from Feb. 27th.

but from Feb . 27th, my outgoing call and incoming call were not working anymore, when I make a phone call, it kept saying I cannot complete my call because I don’t have a long distance add-on, and for all incoming calls they went to voicemail directly.

my text and data works normally at the same time.

for the whole afternoon I was working with a moderator on this, tried all methods like suspend my account then resume, reset my network on my cell, and of course turned on and off my cell hundreds of times.

but still, I can’t make or receive calls, and I found there is a 200 mins US-Canada long distance add-on in my account and my account balance $8 became $0. This add-on wasn’t made by myself and I don’t know what happened.

even with that 200 mins long distance add-on I still cannot make or receive phone calls.

i do need a good explanation for that happened to my talk plan and who made the add-on purchase without my personal authorization.

now I decided to talk about this issue in public instead of back and forth in my private message box. Maybe someone else can help me solving this problem more efficiently. 

This is is my primary number for all contacts, it is very important for my daily life.

@CS_Agent 

43 REPLIES 43

Unfortunately...sounds like a moderator will be required to intervene. Please let us know when and how this issue is resolved. Good luck.

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

Try dialing 1 before the number, if that doesn't work try clearing your network data then restart your phone.

lilian_liang

@hairbag1 wrote:

@lilian_liang wrote:

My earlier plan was unlimited province-wide talk, unlimited international text and 1.5GB data for 90 days payment cycle, it worked well.

roughly 2 months ago, I found the unlimited Canada-wide talk is same priced, so I switched my plan’s talk to unlimited Canada-wide, and chose to have my new plan for new cycle, which started from Feb. 27th.

but from Feb . 27th, my outgoing call and incoming call were not working anymore, when I make a phone call, it kept saying I cannot complete my call because I don’t have a long distance add-on, and for all incoming calls they went to voicemail directly.

for the whole afternoon I was working with a moderator on this, tried all methods like suspend my account then resume, reset my network on my cell, and of course turned on and off my cell hundreds of times.

but still, I can’t make or receive calls, and I found there is a 200 mins US-Canada long distance add-on in my account and my account balance $8 became $0. This add-on wasn’t made by myself and I don’t know what happened.

even with that 200 mins long distance add-on I still cannot make or receive phone calls.

i do need a good explanation for that happened to my talk plan and who made the add-on purchase without my personal authorization.

now I decided to talk about this issue in public instead of back and forth in my private message box. Maybe someone else can help me solving this problem more efficiently. 

This is is my primary number for all contacts, it is very important for my daily life.

@CS_Agent 

Try this...log into My Account / Plans & Add-ons/Lost Stolen. Report phone as stolen, then shut down phone. After 5 mins turn phone on and repeat process and report phone as found. Sometimes this remedy's your type of problem. Alternative is you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here.

Tried this at least 4-5 times already. Nothing changed.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@lilian_liang wrote:

@CS_Agent 

Try this...log into My Account / Plans & Add-ons/Lost Stolen. Report phone as stolen, then shut down phone. After 5 mins turn phone on and repeat process and report phone as found. Sometimes this remedys your type of problem. Alternative is you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here.

lilian_liang

@stonechucker @ShawnC13 Hi I deactivated my account and after 15 minutes I got back on but the problem is the same. I still cannot make a phone call.

I shut down my phone, took out my SIM card, but still the same.

Message sent to Modetor but got no reply yet.

lilian_liang

@stonechucker I just dial the numbers as usual. Thanks for your reminding!

lilian_liang

Ok, I'll try. Thanks!

@lilian_liang, ensure you're dialling the phone number correctly.  try removing non-number characters from your contact(s) information, as sometimes this causes a misdial.

lilian_liang

Oh, that's interesting. I'll try NOW. Thanks Shawn.

Sometimes when you changed your plan @lilian_liang @you need to do the lost/stolen trick ... try to go in your self serve account and in the tab plan/add-ons and click on lost/stolen your phone. Close your phone few minutes and open it again. Click on find your phone and see if something change.

@lilian_liang wrote:

Hi I am new user of Public Mobile.

After first 90 days, I switched my plan from provice-wide to Canada-wide, and ever since then I can't make any phone calls. It kept saying I didn't purchase any long-distance add-on.

But I am already unlimited Canada-wide talk, how comes there's long-distance service needed?

Attached is my plan details screen-shot.

I am living in Ontario.

I need some urgent assistance, thank you!Public Mobile Plans.png

@lilian_liang,  I would try the lost/stolen phone trick.  Where you log in to your self serve and report your phone lost, this will deactivate your sim and wait about 5 minutes and log back in and report it found, this will reactivate your sim and hopefully give it the kick it needs.  Or you can send a private message to the moderators.

To send a private message to a moderator click this link and describe your issue.

Community Moderators are available from Monday-Friday 9am(Eastern) to 9pm(Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 9am(Eastern) to 7:30pm(Eastern)

More info on moderators

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

lilian_liang

Hi I am new user of Public Mobile.

After first 90 days, I switched my plan from provice-wide to Canada-wide, and ever since then I can't make any phone calls. It kept saying I didn't purchase any long-distance add-on.

But I am already unlimited Canada-wide talk, how comes there's long-distance service needed?

Attached is my plan details screen-shot.

I am living in Ontario.

I need some urgent assistance, thank you!Public Mobile Plans.png

Need Help? Let's chat.