cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After a whole afternoon’s trying, I still can not make or receive calls

lilian_liang
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

My earlier plan was unlimited province-wide talk, unlimited international text and 1.5GB data for 90 days payment cycle, it worked well.

roughly 2 months ago, I found the unlimited Canada-wide talk is same priced, so I switched my plan’s talk to unlimited Canada-wide, and chose to have my new plan for new cycle, which started from Feb. 27th.

but from Feb . 27th, my outgoing call and incoming call were not working anymore, when I make a phone call, it kept saying I cannot complete my call because I don’t have a long distance add-on, and for all incoming calls they went to voicemail directly.

my text and data works normally at the same time.

for the whole afternoon I was working with a moderator on this, tried all methods like suspend my account then resume, reset my network on my cell, and of course turned on and off my cell hundreds of times.

but still, I can’t make or receive calls, and I found there is a 200 mins US-Canada long distance add-on in my account and my account balance $8 became $0. This add-on wasn’t made by myself and I don’t know what happened.

even with that 200 mins long distance add-on I still cannot make or receive phone calls.

i do need a good explanation for that happened to my talk plan and who made the add-on purchase without my personal authorization.

now I decided to talk about this issue in public instead of back and forth in my private message box. Maybe someone else can help me solving this problem more efficiently. 

This is is my primary number for all contacts, it is very important for my daily life.

@CS_Agent 

43 REPLIES 43

Anonymous
Not applicable

@marlene-37 wrote:

Can’t make calls,,msg says we do not have long distance add on...our plan has 50 min. Canada wide talk....pls fix.

Maybe you've used them all. You could:

1. buy an add-on

2. ask moderators to renew early

3. change plan immediately

@marlene-37Chances are you are out of that 50 minutes.. you can buy a $5 add on for an additional 500 minutes.. that won't expire until you leave Public Mobile.

marlene-37
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Can’t make calls,,msg says we do not have long distance add on...our plan has 50 min. Canada wide talk....pls fix.

@leantoni92  a écrit :

I have the same issue after changing my plan from $25 to $10 @CS_Agent 

After a changed plan try the lost/stolen trick... go in your self serve account and tab PLAN/OPTION and click on PHONE LOST/STOLEN and close your phone few minutes and open it again and click on find your phone and see what happen.

leantoni92
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have the same issue after changing my plan from $25 to $10 @CS_Agent 

lilian_liang

Updates:

Finally they fix the glitch on my plan and now it works!

Feb. 28 to Mar. 11th, 11 days.

Got $10 credit for can not make & receive phone calls. 

Thank you all for helping me, suggesting me, and watching this post.

lilian_liang

@Anonymous wrote:

@lilian_liang wrote:

@CS_Agent 

@lilian_liang 

Another idea that hasn't been mentioned yet, and if you're willing to try, is to manually add another $1 into your account and then restart the phone.

Thank you for your suggestion. The Mod team now kicked in and working on this. I'll give them some time before trying more methods. 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@lilian_liang wrote:

@CS_Agent 

@lilian_liang 

Another idea that hasn't been mentioned yet, and if you're willing to try, is to manually add another $1 into your account and then restart the phone.

lilian_liang

lilian_liang

updates:

A mod contacted me Saturday PM, telling me he made some changes and advised me to turn off & on my cell and try again, if still not working, then switch sim card with other workable phone.

1. I turned off & on my cell, ---> not working

2. I put PM's sim into my work cell, an iPhone XS MAX, ---> not working

3. I put BELL (my work cell)'s sim into my personal cell, an iPhone 6 plus ---> working perfectly

So I don't think it's a device problem.

lilian_liang

they work till 9 pm yesterday, but i got no response after 5 pm. 

now it's 10 am, still no response.

The  moderator will be here at 9 AM this morning ... probably today...Robot Frustrated

lilian_liang

Nobody contact me since yesterday's 5pm so far...

lilian_liang

@FBR wrote:

@lilian_liang wrote:

I am thinking whether this is a system bug, i even tried call BC number, still can’t go through.

It seems like something happened or glitched during the plan change on Feb 27. Like it removed the old plan, and couldn't add the new plan properly. In any case, I don't think your phone is the issue, and hopefully a mod can eventually fix it.

I'm also guessing the mysterious add-on was done my the mod for testing purposes.

Your reply rings a bell closer to what I am guessing. I felt that they totally removed my talk plan while kept my text and data. 

We we are not QA for PM but we are doing QA’s job, that sounds not right. 

lilian_liang

@Lieux wrote:

@hairbag1 One of my girl had problems with provincial calls..and the mod gave to her the 200 minutes just before everything was fixed...

I don’t really care about $8, if that can help to fix the problem then I am okay with that, just feel uncomfortable for paying something not from my own wish. 

Consensus is a problem on PM end...you're best to get ahold of a moderator again to try to sort this one out. Good luck and keep us posted.

lilian_liang

@hairbag1 wrote:

If possible, try the sim in a different phone. To be clear....did the 200 US Canada minutes just show up on your account or did you select and pay for it ? That sounds kinda odd.

I didn’t make any purchase. Not at all. The account balance showed to be $8 this morning and became $0 now.

lilian_liang

Just checked with my hubby, the last outgoing call to him from this number was Feb. 26th and after that my phone can not make or receive calls

@computergeek541 wrote:

Dialing 1 isn't going to fix anything.  How can that possibly correct a situation of not being able to receive calls?  Even for outgoing calls, this shouldn't make any difference, other than calls taking longer to be placed and hearing a warning about possible long distance charges -- after which the call would go through.

Due to the plan change, this almost certainly an issue that only Public Mobile can correct.

I tend to agree....the customer is best served now by contacting the moderators again and seeing if they can assist. Keep us posted on results. Good luck.

Dialing 1 isn't going to fix anything.  How can that possibly correct a situation of not being able to receive calls?  Even for outgoing calls, this shouldn't make any difference, other than calls taking longer to be placed and hearing a warning about possible long distance charges -- after which the call would go through.

Due to the plan change, this is almost certainly an issue that only Public Mobile can correct.

@hairbag1 One of my girl had problems with provincial calls..and the mod gave to her the 200 minutes just before everything was fixed...

FBR
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@lilian_liang wrote:

I am thinking whether this is a system bug, i even tried call BC number, still can’t go through.

It seems like something happened or glitched during the plan change on Feb 27. Like it removed the old plan, and couldn't add the new plan properly. In any case, I don't think your phone is the issue, and hopefully a mod can eventually fix it.

I'm also guessing the mysterious add-on was done my the mod for testing purposes.

If possible, try the sim in a different phone. To be clear....did the 200 US Canada minutes just show up on your account or did you select and pay for it ? That sounds kinda odd.

lilian_liang

lilian_liang

No it is not, it’s iphone 6 Plus. For the first 90 days it works properly with my public mobile sim, everything happened from the day before yesterday. Weird.

FBR
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@lilian_liang wrote:

Is the province-wide talk and Canada-wide talk supposed to be the same price? All these happened after my new plan started from new billing cycle.

@lilian_liang 

They are not the same price, but a different discount makes them end up being the same price in a package.

Another example is if you remove talk all together, the price actually goes up in a package, because the total discount is lower.

Your issue seems unique, hopefully it gets fixed soon.

@lilian_liang wrote:

Is the province-wide talk and Canada-wide talk supposed to be the same price? All these happened after my new plan started from new billing cycle.

Is your phone a dual sim model ? If so, remove sim and try second slot. Alternative is try your sim in another phone.

lilian_liang

@hairbag1 wrote:

Unfortunately...sounds like a moderator will be required to intervene. Please let us know when and how this issue is resolved. Good luck.

I was working with one moderator the whole afternoon but nothing changed, really frustrated about this.

lilian_liang

@Alex888 wrote:

Try dialing 1 before the number, if that doesn't work try clearing your network data then restart your phone.

Dialing 1 doesn’t work, how to clear network data? I reset my network already a couple of times, that doesn’t help either.  Thx for reply.

lilian_liang

Need Help? Let's chat.