cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Additional Charges

rascelandrea
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi!

Can I call any number as long as it is in Canada? I was trying to call a store in Yorkdale and I was afraid that there will be additional charges.

Thank you!

11 REPLIES 11

@kentsceviour 

FYI There are significant numbers of people still on older plans with “provincial wide only“ calling so the plan has to be confirmed. Likely this is still just a longer call within Ontario but we aren’t certain from the information supplied, it could be A call from another province.

AE_Collector

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@rascelandrea wrote:

Thank you so much for all your help! This really helped me a LOT!!!! :)))

@rascelandrea No problem. Were here to help !

rascelandrea
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you so much for all your help! This really helped me a LOT!!!! :)))

yanzhiqiang

This is a prepaid plan, you can try any number any where wont be charged, just wont go through if not covered. 

BearFBI

@kselmak wrote:

If it works you already paid for it, there is no charges afterwards ever

Thats the best part about being with Public. Just call whatever you want and dont worry. If it dosent work then you remember you cant call long distance without an addon.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

If it works you already paid for it, there is no charges afterwards ever

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@rascelandrea if you're receiving a warning saying "long distance charges may apply" just ignore it and the call will go through. you won't be charged

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@rascelandrea Hi as long as your new not on one of the old grandfathered plans you are good to go and always remember there are no extra costs involved since you are on a prepaid plan that is the great thing about public have a great day!!

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

PM is prepaid @rascelandrea there are no additional charges as @computergeek541  posted all the recent plans are Canada wide. And it doesn't matter if its a cell or landline. Even if you are on the $15 plan and you are out of minutes, the call would just not go through.  You would then have to buy an add-on, in this case, the 500 minute, $5 Canada wide addon. Welcome to PM.  Stay safe. 

kentsceviour
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yes. It's Canada-wide long distance included. It doesn't matter if its a mobile or landline number.

@rascelandrea wrote:

Hi!

Can I call any number as long as it is in Canada? I was trying to call a store in Yorkdale and I was afraid that there will be additional charges.

Thank you!

If you're a recent signup, all current voice plans (and all voice plans that have been offered for a while now) include Canada-wide calling.

Need Help? Let's chat.