cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding data to the $15 plan

ecowen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If I add data  to my plan, will it last until it's used up or will it go away at the end of my billing cycle.

6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ecowen wrote:

If I add data  to my plan, will it last until it's used up or will it go away at the end of my billing cycle.

You have 250MB of plan data. That refreshes each paid term no matter how much of it you use.

You buy data add-ons once.

At renewal with the freshly minted 250MB you will draw data from that bucket. You happen to use all of that data. It will then draw from the add-on bucket.

Your renewal comes around again and you get a fresh 250MB. The add-on steps to the background and you return to using your plan data.

You go that paid term and don't use up your 250MB. The add-on still waits. The 250MB refreshes. etc.

You run out of plan data and you run out of what remains of the add-on data...your data stops.

You can stack multiple Canada add-ons.

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@ecowen Quick answer. it will continue until you use it up. 

Stay safe. 

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

The addon doesn't expire until used up.  @ecowen  heres an article on buying  add ons https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/purchase-add-ons-through-self-serve

It's a2 step process add the money them purchase the addon. See screenshot

20200417_204130.jpg

Stay safe. 

ecowen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Duncan,   Thank you for the advice.  I had no idea data was "on sale".  I'll definitely purchase at least 2 G's.!

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@ecowen 

Unused data will roll over to the next month. 

At the present time, the data add on is on sale for $15 for 1 GB.  (regular price $30).  Might be worth buying a couple of add ons for that price.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@ecowen Hello it will be there until you use it all up could be months or years even depending how much you use and it’s only one time payment have a great day

Need Help? Let's chat.