cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding data! Need more right now!!!

leeleeb
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
What is my best option for getting more data on my phone immediately?? I currently have the add on of 1gb but I've gone threw it this month and NEED to have more right away. Can I purchase something just for the month? Or will it be a add on every month now? Will I be able to use it now? Or will it take effect next month? Cuz that would not help me.

Thanks!!
9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@afzonouzi wrote:

My number is xxxxxx and I need to add some data to be able to use internet. how can I pay for it?

You could also forfeit your current plan and change to another plan immediately.

Use a payment card or vouchers and add them into your account and then get data by way of add-on or change plan.

You can also ask the moderators to renew early but that would be less than immediate.

DanielleMarie
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@afzonouzi wrote:

My number is xxxxxxxxxx and I need to add some data to be able to use internet. how can I pay for it?

Please edit your post and remove your phone number! This is a public forum!

To get a data add on log into your self serve account and click on Purchase Add-ons.

afzonouzi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My number is xxxxxxxxxxxxx and I need to add some data to be able to use internet. how can I pay for it?

Edited by computergeek541: phone number removed

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@leeleeb as the others have said already, add-ons will get you through to your next cycle.  However, if you're finding you're going to consistently need more data than what is in your plan, you may want to consider to moving up to a plan with more data in it.  At $30/GB, the add-ons are VERY expensive, much more so than buying data as part of a plan.  

I have no idea what plan you're on but let's say you're on a 90-day, province-wide talk, global texting, 3GB/90 (approx 1GB/month) plan for $111 (- any rewards, + tax).  Stepping up from there to a 90-day, province-wide, global texting, 6GB/90 (approx 2GB/month) plan would only cost you $9 more (approx $3 per month), vs buying the same extra amount of add-ons which would be 3 x $30 = $90.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@leeleeb If you find data usage higher than you expect be sure to turn off WiFi Assist; otherwise you may be using cellular data even though you are connected to wifi.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Quest
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@leeleeb wrote:
What is my best option for getting more data on my phone immediately?? I currently have the add on of 1gb but I've gone threw it this month and NEED to have more right away. Can I purchase something just for the month? Or will it be a add on every month now? Will I be able to use it now? Or will it take effect next month? Cuz that would not help me.

Thanks!!

You have used already the best option at least for now. 1GB add-on for $30 never expires takes effect immediately.

@leeleeb wrote:

Thanks!!

As already mentioned, data add-ons take effect immediately and you can start using it right away, and the data alottment doesn't expire and can be used until depleted.  The add-on purchases are a one time thing and do not automatically get charged for each each billing cycle.  You would have to add it each time you need it. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Data add ons do not have any expiry.  If a bucket of data is purchased, it stays in the account until it is all used up.  Data add ons are not a recurring purchase.  They are one time purchases made manually by the user.  If data is needed badly right away, the best solution is to buy a data add on.  The purchase is available for use immediately.

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

What is your current regular plan and how long is your billing cycle? 

Unfortunately, if you've run out of data on your regular plan, you'll have to wait until your plan renews if you don't want to buy an add-on. If you change your base plan, it will take effect at the end of your current plan. Otherwise, if you schedule it to take effect immediately, you'll lose whatever time you had remaining on what you paid already, as there are no refunds for prepaid services.  At this point, add-ons are your only option, or get a short term plan from another provider if it's less expensive than the add-ons.

Need Help? Let's chat.