cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding US talk/text plan

McFly23
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I will be heading down to the US for 3 weeks and would like to add the talk/text plan for $7 per 10 days.  Does the plan automatically renew after the 10 days has expired?  Do I need to renew it manually through email or text to Public Mobile?

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@McFly23 wrote:

Thanks SD08,

So do you suggest I purchase 1 add-on at at time?  Or should I add the amount to my balance, so I can just purchase it again once the 10 days it up?

@McFly23 

For the US roaming add-ons, the same one can only be purchased one at a time.  Yes, you can add the funds ahead of time to save you that step later.  Then you would only need to do the purchase step, after the first one expires.

McFly23

Thanks SD08,

So do you suggest I purchase 1 add-on at at time?  Or should I add the amount to my balance, so I can just purchase it again once the 10 days it up?

eugenegowan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello I would suggest putting enough money to cover the plan on your account and then you can just go online at your public mobile account to reactivate the plan every 10 days.

Sharry19
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@McFly23 For add-ons, once they reach to zero dollar then you have to renew them by manually.

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@McFly23 wrote:

Hello,

I will be heading down to the US for 3 weeks and would like to add the talk/text plan for $7 per 10 days.  Does the plan automatically renew after the 10 days has expired?  Do I need to renew it manually through email or text to Public Mobile?

Thanks

@McFly23 

Add-ons are not part of your base plan, so they will not auto-renew. You can make a purchase online, or by dialling *611 from your phone. Buying add-ons is a 2-step process:  first add required funds, then make the purchase.  Note: Identical US roaming add-ons cannot be stacked, so if you need more time than 10 days, you will have to wait until the first one expires before you can purchase the same one again.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@McFly23 wrote:

Hello,

Thanks

You will have to renew it manually after the first addon expires. More info on how to renew can be found by clicking here

duffer900
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@McFly23 wrote:

Sorry I should say it's $15 per 10 days

Same Answer 🙂

McFly23

Sorry I should say it's $15 per 10 days

duffer900
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@McFly23 wrote:

Hello,

Thanks

From what I understand, the add-ons will not auto renew. Pay as you go style.

You will need to add them on as needed

Need Help? Let's chat.