cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding US Data plan - Where does it show up in the portal?

annersyuen
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I've added US Data plan using the portal. I see the $20 charge on the transaction history. Where will it show if I actually added? I am paranoid and don't want a big charge when I go to the USA tomorrow.

Thanks in advance!

Anna

6 REPLIES 6

pakmode
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Good to hear @sbreakin

sbreakin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

As @xCameron94x mentioned this is pre-paid so you never get suprise huge roaming charges.

At spring break (March) we bought & used the 10 day phone, text & data add on & it was great.  We went to many states in the USA west including: Washington, Oregon, California, Nevada, Arizona, Idaho, Utah & had good ATT most of the time.  The only weaker signal was in remote parts of Arizona/ Utah.

We didn't do any speed test as conserving data but used for google maps several times with no issues.

We were not sure how much data we'd need & our trip was 13 days so we decided to start with one 10 day Public Mobile Tak, text data, plan & start it at hotel on 1st night on my wifes phone (not unlocked).  On my unlocked phone used a competitors 30 day data 2Gb. I've used them before including a Yellowstone trip & found gaps in coverage on that route (but seemed ok this time).

Public Mobile worked really well for us & we didn't use up even the 250 mB data despite doing some google maps, disneyland app etc.

We did use some tricks to reduce data such as storing off line google maps for the next days driving while at the hotel or wifi.  I had also 'printed to pdf & stored in downloads' many of the e-receipts/ reservations etc so i wouldn't need data to retrieve addresses. 

Have a great trip!!

@annersyuen

No problem we all here to support each other 

** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

annersyuen
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you Samianauman. 

Samianauman
Mayor / Maire

@annersyuen

You pay the addon price and that money then goes to your available funds.  You then need to go back in and "purchase" the addon again and it will take the money from your available funds amount.

if you follow these step then you good to go with addon

** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

xCameron94x
Mayor / Maire

since PM is pre-paid, You should not inccur charges if you dont have a roaming package, your phone service/calls/texts will not work. Is there $20 of funds in your account now? Maybe you need to re-add it. Its sometimes a 2 step process 

Need Help? Let's chat.