cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding Funds to Account to pay for a US addon?

bap37
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Going to Vegas soon and want to buy the $20 US addon.  On the addon page it says to put funds in your account before you buy the addon.  I made a payment of $25 and it does not show up in my account.  Am I missing something.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Bruce

8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

@pmcdunnough wrote:

I have a credit card attached to my account for autopay. When I go to add money it seems to want to apply it to my next bill. Is there some secret method of buying an addon? I will be in the US for a while so I would like to buy the addon when I go ( after or before entering the US?). Assuming I ever figure out how to purchase an addon, could this be done from the US via *611 or would the phone not work? Must say, buying of Addons seems a bit tricky. I would like to get the text, talk and data addon for 10 days and, if needed, I would add more data by purchasing a data AddOn. Is that an ok procedure in that the data Addon would go along with the original?

Using the registered payment card to make manual payments or the "Amount Due" just goes into your Available Funds. Add-ons are purchased from those funds.

All add-ons start the day you bought it.

You'll see the taxes charged on the payment card. You won't see tax amounts in the self-serve.

pmcdunnough
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Was the reason you added $25 for a $20 AddOn in order to cover taxes? If so, is there no way of buying an AddOn without having to guess at its final price?

pmcdunnough
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have a credit card attached to my account for autopay. When I go to add money it seems to want to apply it to my next bill. Is there some secret method of buying an addon? I will be in the US for a while so I would like to buy the addon when I go ( after or before entering the US?). Assuming I ever figure out how to purchase an addon, could this be done from the US via *611 or would the phone not work? Must say, buying of Addons seems a bit tricky. I would like to get the text, talk and data addon for 10 days and, if needed, I would add more data by purchasing a data AddOn. Is that an ok procedure in that the data Addon would go along with the original?

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@bap37 wrote:

Tried to make the payment again and this time it worked. Not sure why the first try did not finish. I now have $25 in available funds and will buy the $20 addon just before I leave.

Thanks for your help.

Glad you figured it out.

Enjoy Vegas & win big!!😃

bap37

Tried to make the payment again and this time it worked. Not sure why the first try did not finish. I now have $25 in available funds and will buy the $20 addon just before I leave.

Thanks for your help.

bap37

I am setup for Auto Pay.  But I made a payment of $25 thinking it would show in my available funds. But after making the $25 payment I do not see any available funds it still says i have zero funds available.

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@bap37 wrote:

Going to Vegas soon and want to buy the $20 US addon.  On the addon page it says to put funds in your account before you buy the addon.  I made a payment of $25 and it does not show up in my account.  Am I missing something.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Bruce

Hey Bruce,

It's a two step process because it's a pay before prepaid service. You put money into your account and then go back and Purchase the desired add on. Remember US add ons are good for ten days and the day you add it counts as Day 1

Need Help? Let's chat.