cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Added a add-on for 200 minutes but cannot make calls

organinc
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So I placed an add-on for 200 long distance minutes hoping I can use these to make calls locally as well, however I cannot make it recurre calls

9 REPLIES 9

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@LEGO wrote:

@srlawren Maybe I am mistaken, but Canada-Wide is Canada-Wide. If it does not include your own province, then it cannot be called Canada-Wide! Am I wrong?

EDIT: It should be called “Other provinces in Canada”! Smiley Wink

@LEGO okay I think the page you linked previously explains it fairly well but yes the long distance minutes are used when needed.  If you're on a Canada-wide talk plan, then that means when you are dialing a number that is outside Canada; if you're on a province-wide talk plan then it's more complicated but essentially:  1) dialing any number outside of the province you're physically in plus 2) any inbound calls when you are outside of your home province but still within Canada.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@srlawren Maybe I am mistaken, but Canada-Wide is Canada-Wide. If it does not include your own province, then it cannot be called Canada-Wide! Am I wrong?

EDIT: It should be called “Other provinces in Canada”! Smiley Wink

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@LEGO no they have not stated they have no talk portion of their plan but the symptoms fit and why else would they be trying to make a local call using the long distance add-on minutes?

FYI, what @Anonymous said was 100% correct.  

If you have the $10/50 min plan, you can purchase the long distance add-ons to supplement even your local calling minutes.  For every other plan, these minutes are only for long-distance use and must have either unlimited province-wide, unlimited canada-wide, or unlimited canada+USA talk option in the base plan to be used.  They are 100% useless without.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

LEGO

@Anonymous wrote:

@LEGO wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

the only time a long distance add on can be used to add local calling minutes is with the new $10 , 30 day, 50 minute calling plan. 

I don’t think this is correct. Please, read: click here

@LEGO, I don't see how that post applies if there is no calling plan at all.  It has to do with provincial vs canada wide vs canada wide with US.

???

It corrects your statement mentioned above “the only time a long distance add on can be used to add local calling minutes is with the new $10, 30 day, 50 minute calling plan. “. Long Distance add-on can be used for local calls with ANY talk plan.

Have @organinc said that he has no Talk plan?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LEGO wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

the only time a long distance add on can be used to add local calling minutes is with the new $10 , 30 day, 50 minute calling plan. 

@LEGO, I don't see how that post applies if there is no calling plan at all.  It has to do with provincial vs canada wide vs canada wide with US.

???

LEGO

@Anonymous wrote:

LEGO

@organinc What plan are you on?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@organinc, the only time a long distance add on can be used to add local calling minutes is with the new $10 , 30 day, 50 minute calling plan.  If you have no calling as part of your plan, you can't use a long distance add on.

jp2

You require minutes on your plan for the calling add one to work 

Need Help? Let's chat.