cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Added $40 on my phone and bought 1GB of data add-on, but isnt working

amohamud
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I added $40 from my credit card on to my account to buy mobile data. I used $30 of it on buying mobile data but for some reason, the mobile data is not working. There's now $10 on my account but no mobile data.

13 REPLIES 13

@Cgydom88 wrote:

Taking the sim card out and restarting your phone and APN settings will fix this problem 100%. 

Unfortunately, there is no way to know that for sure. Doing that would only work if this is an APN issues.  The Public Mobile account itself or the network are also possible factors.

Cgydom88
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Taking the sim card out and restarting your phone and APN settings will fix this problem 100%. The data should be working right away. 

@amohamud  What make model of phone do you have? You need to add the correct APN setting before your data will work.

MrHelp

it seems you still have data on your promotion, that will have to end before the 1GB data add-on kicks in.

trun off data roaming and mobile data.

Go to settings - connections - mobile networks - network operators - select manually (usually takes a minute) - Public mobile

Then turn-on mobile data. Hope this fixes your problem

amohamud

I checked it shows that there is1GB add-on and 1 GB promo but both arent working unfortunatelyimage.png

amohamud

Im not very new, been using it for some months. Im on the $10 phone plan but added $30 this month for mobile data. Still hasnt worked for me but thanks anyway

amohamud

No, Im on the $10 phone plan with no data and needed data this month so I bought mobile data.

Im quite good with phones but I couldnt find "Access Point Name" anywhere under Mobile network

Thanks though

amohamud

It didnt work, but thanks for the help

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@amohamud wrote:

I added $40 from my credit card on to my account to buy mobile data. I used $30 of it on buying mobile data but for some reason, the mobile data is not working. There's now $10 on my account but no mobile data.

Only $10 in account means add-on was purhcased properly. Does your plan have data in it or is it $10 plan with no data?  Did data ever work?  Are you a new customer?

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@amohamud wrote:

@amohamud  The data add-on should be available immediately after purchase. Check your account via selfserve to make sure that the add-on is showing on your landing page. If not, check to make sure that you purchased the correct add-on.

MrHelp

That sounds right, PM charges $30 for a 1GB data. Remember, It can take up to 24 hours for your data to become active.

In the meantime, try the following steps

*make sure that your mobile data is turned on

*restart device and test

*go to Settings>Mobile networks>Network mode and manually change network mode from 4G to 3G, wait about 5 to 10 seconds and change it back

*verify that Date & Time setting in device is set to network-provided

*check if there is any software update available for the operating system from your phones's settings, install it if there is

*if need be try to manually select carrier with your device

I hope these solves your problem. 

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

Do you normally have data associated with your plan?

If not, you may require an APN change:

Try checking your APN Settings.

If Android, click:
Settings > More / More Networks / Wireless & Networks > Mobile/Cellular Networks > Access Point Names >

These are mine:

Name: Mobile Internet
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Not set
Port: Not set
Username: Not set
Password: Not set
Server: Not set
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMS proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: Not set
APN type: default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
APN enable/disable: APN enabled
Bearer: Unspecified
MVNO type: GID
MVNO value: 4D4F 

station1104
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

try restarting your phone, this is sometimes an easy fix.

Need Help? Let's chat.