cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add talk to existing plan

Milos
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have a 90 day plan started two weeks ago and long story short I was experimenting and started it without a talk/text plan, just data. I thought I could just add it and pay the difference, but that doesn’t seem to be an option in Self Serve, I’d have to pay the whole amount. Is there a way to work around that? I don’t want to wait till the next billing period to switch.

6 REPLIES 6

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Technically speaking the wireless code doesn't include a trial period for prepaid.  Arguably, any test period is strictly goodwill. 

https://crtc.gc.ca/eng/phone/mobile/codesimpl.htm

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi Milos,

If you do have any questions about your plan, just contact us by sending a private message through the following link : 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Have you looked at fongo.com using cellular/wifi data? Free calling/incoming text; sending SMS has small charge. BUT voip calling is sometimes a bit ragged. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Milos I don't think the duration of a couple of days vs. a couple of weeks will be an issue, the moderators are usually pretty good about helping with these types of situations, regardless of where you are in your current cycle.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Milos wrote:

I have a 90 day plan started two weeks ago and long story short I was experimenting and started it without a talk/text plan, just data. I thought I could just add it and pay the difference, but that doesn’t seem to be an option in Self Serve, I’d have to pay the whole amount. Is there a way to work around that? I don’t want to wait till the next billing period to switch.

There really isn't a way around it.  A couple of days would have been a good experiment but a couple of weeks.  The best you can do is contact the mods (Link in my signature) and see if there is anything they can do for you.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Milos 2 weeks is a long time for your experiment. Try contacting the Moderator_Team and see if they can change your plan without you paying the full amount for a new plan.

Need Help? Let's chat.