cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add-ons

Mosmyl
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm so tired of trying to just to try to use my $20 voucher I purchased so I can make calls because my plan of 100minutes were used up but because I forgot the pin code after calling *611 I can't get a break it's been liking pulling teeth I really need someone to make this easier it's bull**bleep** I made an account and that doesn't work trying to make another it's also not working this is fustrating what happened to human touch it's alot easier instead of ripping people off maybe help instead of making apps that don't work 

10 REPLIES 10

@JoyLuck  611 only sent me my pin with my in store activation it did not send me the pin I chose for my online activation.

I just checked my welcome message and it does not include my pin. It just says the following:

• Write down your 4-digit PIN and keep it in a safe place. You created this PIN when you activated and may need it to make changes to your account.

I received a "Welcome to Public Mobile, here's your PIN" message about a minute after activation.

I never used the PIN.

Because I don't dial *611 and I don't chat with SIMon chatbot.

I login Self-Serve to do it all (to even sign in, indirectly, through "I forgot my password" if needed).

I only changed my PIN to something easier for me to remember and harder for strangers to guess. It is, after all, the key to a lock which protects my PM account - along with identity information, payment information, phone number, and phone service attached to my PM account.

@CS_Agent are more likely to notice this thread by being flagged.

And some people prefer face-to-face service, which is fine. But Public Mobile doesn't offer face-to-face service, which is what it is. Public Mobile can be an excellent choice for anyone but it can't be the best choice for everyone.

@gblackma wrote:

@Mosmyl , the 4 digit pin would have been emailed to you by PM. Try checking your email, including the junk mail. If you can't find this, or access your self service. The only option would be to private message the moderators directly https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

. Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  

I've never seen the 4 digit account PIN in any Public Mobile activation/welcome e-mail messages.

I know that the account number is in that e-mail message but form my experiences, the PIN is has always been sent by text message.

@Mosmyl  I just phoned 611 and @geopublic is correct you do not need your pin to add a voucher to your account via 611. Just follow the prompts by pressing (1) til it tells you to enter the 12 digit code. You can check the voucher catalogue to see if you have one from one of the retailers already pictured. If it is not you could add it after you have loaded into onto your account and the 12 digit code is no longer valid. This would help others in your situation.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Mosmyl  are you sure your PIN number is needed to add a voucher via 611? I thought that you only need the 12 digit voucher PIN number. That number can be found on your receipt.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mosmyl 

The 611 service should happily take your money without a PIN. Yes you would need it to buy add-ons. You can't renew your plan early without moderator assistance. You can't just dump money on your account. It's a 30 day prepaid service...not pay as you go.

How is it Public Mobiles fault that you forgot your PIN?

Try using another browser or incognito/privacy mode or clear cache/site cookies.
You won't succeed making multiple accounts.
Try the Forgot your password? link.
You signed up into an online hands-on self-serve kinda place. No "human touch". It's all over the intro pages.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

You can only have one account. Your username is your email and your password is whatever you choose. 

Why is the account not working??

You can contact moderators to get access to your account. Two ways.

1- 

Simon.JPG

2-. Private message them at link below.

Click here 

As for your pin. Is your phone an android and is it the same phone when you first joined???

If yes,

You can try doing this.

Open messages app

Click 3 dots top right. Some phones three dots might be middle or bottom.

Click settings.

Click advanced settings.

Click Sim card messages. 

Your pin might be there otherwise you would have to contact moderators.

Below is two step guide to buy add-ons through your account when you get access to it again.

Guide Click here 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

I'm so tired of trying to just to try to use my $20 voucher I purchased so I can make calls because my plan of 100minutes were used up but because I forgot the pin code after calling *611 I can't get a break it's been liking pulling teeth I really need someone to make this easier it's bull**bleep** I made an account and that doesn't work trying to make another it's also not working this is fustrating what happened to human touch it's alot easier instead of ripping people off maybe help instead of making apps that don't work

You forgot your code so somehow that means PM is "ripping people off" That doesn't even make sense.

Try adding the voucher to your account using your self-serve functions. Alternative; if you can, use a valid credit card and enable autopay. Then buy the $5 / 500 minutes of Canada wide calling add-on. That will add 500 minutes of calling and any unused minutes at renewal will just roll over until you've used them up.

Another idea is to upgrade to a plan with unlimited Canada wide calling minutes.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Mosmyl , the 4 digit pin would have been emailed to you by PM. Try checking your email, including the junk mail. If you can't find this, or access your self service. The only option would be to private message the moderators directly https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

. Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  

Need Help? Let's chat.