cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add-ons

panditra1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I paid for US talk add-on by adding $8 to my account before travelling to US between July 7 and Jul 11. I could not use it. It kept giving me a message that I need to add $ 10. I am not sure why the US talk did not work as per Add-on plan. Please help.

5 REPLIES 5

jackfzhao
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

yes, i just voted, it real makes guys crazy

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@panditra1 wrote:

Hello,

I am still not clear about your response. When I traveled to US, I paid $8 towards US Talk add-on and my self serve showed a balance of $8. 

Hi @panditra1,

The part above that I quoted is the key here.  As @xCameron94x mentioned, purchasing add-ons is a confusing, two-step process.  

The first time you go into purchase the add-on, it actually doesn't *purchase* the add-on.  It does a "top-up" (a payment) for the amount of the add-on.  So, the $8 gets charged to your credit cad, and an $8 "available funds" credit goes into your Public Mobile account.  It sounds like this is as far as you got, since you said you had a balance of $8.

What you need to do then is go in to purchase the add-on again.  I know it sounds like you'd be buying it twice, but no.  What that does is take that $8 avaialble funds balance and uses it to *actually* purchase and activate the add-on.  At that point your available funds balance should be back down to $0.  I don't beleive you completed this step.

If you hate this process as much as I do, please consider voting up this idea to simplify it to one step:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Public-Lab/Purchasing-add-ons-should-be-a-single-step...

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

The $8 add-on was probably the 200 minute package for calls FROM Canada to the US (and Canada).

The $10 US Roaming package is what you're interested in, when travelling.

panditra1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I am still not clear about your response. When I traveled to US, I paid $8 towards US Talk add-on and my self serve showed a balance of $8. When I reached US, I received a message to add on $10. This was confusing. Can you explain me the process step by step? i.e. how much funds are required to be deposited to get the US talk add-on activated?

Currently my 90 day plan is active and expires on 25Sep2017 but does not include US talk or text. I might visit US again for 2-3 days on coming week end. My self serve is showing a balance of $15 currently.

Please respond at the earliest convenience. Thanks

xCameron94x
Mayor / Maire

adding add ons is a two step process. The first step is adding the funds into your account, and then when you have funds in your account you can then add the add on with the funds in your account (a lot of adds i know). Was the add on showing into your self-serve or did you only see the funds in your account?

Need Help? Let's chat.