cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add-ons

Nodata1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I recently added $30.00 to my account thinking I was adding the 1 GB of data through Add-one” since mine had run out - quite soon - about a month and a half before my next round of payment (3 months) this time around. Now I’m not sure where this $30.00 will go?  Will it be applied to reduce my auto payment amount?  I would have like the extra data and wonder what other plans you have to increase my GB of data??

4 REPLIES 4

@Nodata1  In your situation your options are limited. Going into your account and choosing the data add on you want (likely the $30/1gb) and submitting the payment will active it. Choosing a new plan with more data now you would lose the rest of your current 90 day cycle and limit you to the new 30 day plans available. If you have a dual sim phone or a spare phone you could choose a secondary option. Buy a new sim card and activate it referring yourself for the $1 reward and the $10 credit for the new sim/account. By choosing the $40 plan and using the promo code BONUSDATA you would get unlimited calling/texting 4.5gb data and 2gb bonus for 6 months. By adding autopay you would receive the extra 500mb bonus data and save an additional $2 if you chose to keep the plan going forward. But if you only wanted the extra data then for 30 days at least you would have 6.5gb of data for the same price of the as the data add on. Of course the data add on would roll over if you didn't use it up in the next 45 days til your 90 plan renews and it would be 4G rather than 3G that is offered with 30 day plans. Anyhow just another option for you to consider and you could test out 3G to see if it suits your needs. The only extra cost would be the price of a new SIM card. Some are available for less than $10 online at sites like eBay. 

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

If you don't care about the speed i believe the plans are pretty good

They are all over 30 days now, all include unlimited talk to canada and intl mms.

$25 1gig

$35 1.5 g

$40 5g

$50 8.5g ( unlimited talk to usa)

$60 12.5g ( until 26th or 28th and them it will go down to 10g) ( unlimited talk to usa)

What plan are you on?

Note: once you switch You won't be able too get your old plan back

If you prefer to keep your plan and just add more data You van Do it here

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Nodata1 wrote:

I recently added $30.00 to my account thinking I was adding the 1 GB of data through Add-one” since mine had run out - quite soon - about a month and a half before my next round of payment (3 months) this time around. Now I’m not sure where this $30.00 will go?  Will it be applied to reduce my auto payment amount?  I would have like the extra data and wonder what other plans you have to increase my GB of data??

Buying add-ons is a two step process, first add the funds needed and then go back and purchase the add-on you need from the selection.   If you didn't do the second step, then the $30 should still be in your account balance.  Check to see if it is and then go back buy what you want.

If you need more data than what you currently have, then you should look at what the current plans offer.  It sounds like you're on an older legacy plan with 90 day renewal.  These have been recently retired, so if you decide to change your only option is 30 day plans with 3g data.

BTW if you do change you current 90 plan to a 30 day offering, remember you will not be able to change back to what you had previously as those plans are no longer offered.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You need to purchase and then add it to your account.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/qc/get-help/articles/purchase-add-ons-through-self-serve

There are two data-add ons one for 1GB for $30 and 250MB for $10.   They remain in your account until they are depleted.

Need Help? Let's chat.