cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add-ons

Aston2003
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Last month, when I purchased this plan, it said I’d receive 5GB in add-ons every month, with a total of 6GB. However, this month, it didn’t show this data and only stated that I have 1GB. How come?

15 REPLIES 15

If you did not use the 5gb or a portion of it, it should be showing on your account still. I signed up under the June 1st deal, and when my cycle rolled over that 5gb (which I used 0gb of) did not stay.

I messaged a moderator and they put it bac on my account. So if you feel you should have a portion of it left, message a moderator here. They will get the remainder back for you. 

@geopublic wrote:

@krazykiwi wrote:

@geopublic wrote:

@Aston2003 wrote:

Last month, when I purchased this plan, it said I’d receive 5GB in add-ons every month, with a total of 6GB. However, this month, it didn’t show this data and only stated that I have 1GB. How come?

@Aston2003  Add-ons by nature are one time purchases that don't expire and they are not recurring. If the promo stated that you will receive a 5GB bonus every 30 days that is different. If it stated an add-on then that would be a one-time bonus.

This statement is wrong and very poor information to be giving out to the community. All “US Roaming” add-on’s expire after 10 days so to say “ Add-ons by nature ...don’t expire” is very misleading!

@krazykiwi  In the context of this message it is correct bonus add-ons don't expire

You said “ Add-ons by nature...” which takes your statement out of the “ context of this message” and encompases Add-ons in general which makes your statement incorrect!

@krazykiwi wrote:

@geopublic wrote:

@Aston2003 wrote:

@Aston2003  Add-ons by nature are one time purchases that don't expire and they are not recurring. If the promo stated that you will receive a 5GB bonus every 30 days that is different. If it stated an add-on then that would be a one-time bonus.

This statement is wrong and very poor information to be giving out to the community. All “US Roaming” add-on’s expire after 10 days so to say “ Add-ons by nature ...don’t expire” is very misleading!

@krazykiwi  In the context of this message it is correct bonus add-ons don't expire

@geopublic wrote:

@Aston2003 wrote:

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ZfromVanC and that's what I felt was the problem with this offer.  Most people have selective reading, or would misinterpret the wording of the offer.  I'm sure there were/are many others that thought it was a bonus that stayed on your plan.  PM should not offer these types of promos because there'll be a lot of new customers that will see this as misleading based on the wording.  They're better off providing much less bonus data and making it permanent on the plan.  Why would I want a plan that only provides me bonus data for just one month?  I'm sure many people read this incorrectly and thought it was additional data permanently.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Aston2003 wrote:

I think this is the promo you're referring to. It clearly notes in 2 locations that it's "a one time bonus". Once that bonus 5GB Add-on is consumed...it's gone. From then on, you'll only get the 1GB data that's part of your current plan. Keep your eyes peeled as there's frequently promos or pop-up weekend offers that you can take advantage of.

On June 1st,  customers that purchase a SIM card online before 11:59PM ET will gain access to an exclusive offer of a one-time bonus 5GB of data. Simply activate before June 16, 2019 11:59PM ET, on a $25+/mo plan (Ready-Made plans only) to claim this offer. This will be applied as an Add-On. This offer is available to new customers only.

How to Get this Offer:

• Bonus 5 GB of data: When you activate by June 16th on a Ready-made plan of $25/mo or higher. you will get a one-time bonus 5 GB of data.
    • To redeem, SIM must be activated on publicmobile.ca by June 16th on any Ready-made plan $25/mo or higher using the same email address used to purchase the SIM card. Purchase a SIM online here.
    • Eligible customers will be provided the one-time 5 GB data Add-On within 72 hours.

Bell3
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I have seen lot of members getting confused with one time add on with regular data plan. As others said, it is only one time add on only for that particular month and it is not recurring add on. Hope this will help you.

@bravo_md wrote:

Please  send a message to the Mod_ Team to get the data applied to account

The moderator username is Moderator_Team.  Also, in this case, there isn't any reason to someone to the moderators.  There isn't suppoed to be a 5GB data bonus with each renewal.

chukdefatey

@geopublic wrote:

@Aston2003 wrote:

There was never a Promo that offered 5GB monthly. 

chukdefatey

@Aston2003 wrote:

It was a one time Bonus of 5GB but it remains on your account till it's all used up. It was never advertised as a 5GB monthly

bravo_md
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Please  send a message to the Mod_ Team to get the data applied to account

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Aston2003 wrote:

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

@Aston2003  If you are referring to the promo deal they had recently, it wasn't 5GB a month, it was 5GB for signing up. That data will roll over every month until it is used but it will not be renewed monthly.

bravo_md
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

The 5 gb data was one time only.  not monthly

ZfromVanC
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

If you're talkinga bout this deal: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/FLASH-SALE-Activate-any-25-mo-plan-and-...

Unfortunately it was a one month bonus, not a continuing bonus.

Need Help? Let's chat.