cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add ons

kayla87
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I plan on adding the US BUNDLE ($20) add on for when I travel to the US.  I'm currently set up for autopay and currently have $0 available funds.  My question, do I add Money to my account before I add the add on? And will that money show up in available funds? right away or do it take time? (I'm thinking yes to this, but just want to make sure.)

Also is there tax added to the add on?

Any help is appreciated.  Just need to get this right so i'm not dealing with it the day I'm travelling.  I know the add on needs to be added the day that I travel, so I want to have everything figured out before I go.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Marzipan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

A few people find this spending and available funds confusing but look at it this way.

Its like a bank account (with no credit). You need to put funds in before you write cheques. Or it's like buying with cash. You need to first put cash in your wallet. It the remains there until you buy something.

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@kayla87  in adding to what @mh1983 mentioned.  When you go to add the service to your account the system will advise you'll need to add the funds, and then direct you to make the payment.  And as you mentioned, you should add it either the day before, or if you have time the day you are leaving.

Just remember all US add-ons have a 10 day life span, so whether you use it up or not, it'll delete itself after 10 days.  So you'll have to add it again after day 10 if you need to extend it, which means you'll have to find internet access (which to me makes no sense, why can't I extend on day 9 so I don't create a gap).

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

do I add Money to my account before I add the add on?

Yes -- given the prepaid model, funds need to be in place prior to purchasing the add on.

And will that money show up in available funds? right away or do it take time? (I'm thinking yes to this, but just want to make sure.)

In my experience, yes, the money shows up immediately. 

Also is there tax added to the add on?

Yes, there's tax.

Need Help? Let's chat.