cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add ons for data

tuckerc291
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi added 1gb of data to my plan July 10 and the money was taken off my card but it is not showing on my account... How long does this take... When I purchased it of said up to 48 hours

4 REPLIES 4

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Contrary to what @Anonymous mentions, "removing your SIM card" is not required.  There may be a benefit of restarting your phone (to re-initiate it with the network and updated add-on) but in most cases is not necessary.

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

As a fellow user, I'm not an expert here, but from what I know, something doesn't add up here because it's a two-step process.  

1. Ensure the appropriate Balance is in your account, usually by means of a one-time top up via credit card, etc.  This only funds your account and needs to be manually completed (via online one-time payment, voucher, etc).
  2. Purchase the Add-On, which deducts from the existing Balance in your account.  Any insufficient amounts and this purchase will not complete.

If you saw a charge on your credit card, it can't be for the Add-On directly.  Perhaps that was an Auto-Pay amount or your manual top-up.  After you do that, then you still need to go to the Add-On page and manually purchase the Add-On.  If you did this, then one of these steps weren't mentioned to us.

Similarly, since it didn't work, it sounds like something was missed here.  I would log into your Self Serve account and check your Payment History to see exactly what that charge was for.  Then, understanding the process + payment history, you can figure out what happened and what needs to be done.

Similarly, feel free to let us know and we can point you in the right direction too!

Anonymous
Not applicable

do you Purchase Add-Ons Using Your Self-Serve Account

To purchase Add-Ons using your Self-Serve account, follow these steps:

1. Click on ‘Purchase Add-Ons’ on the Overview tab and scroll down to the Add-On calculator.
  2. Click the plus sign (+) to add and the minus sign (-) to remove selected Add-ons.
  3. When you’ve added all your desired Add-Ons, click ‘Buy Add-Ons’ or ‘Make a Payment’ below the calculator:
    • You will see ‘Make a Payment’ instead of ‘Buy Add-Ons’ if there are not enough funds in your account to make the purchase.
    • If you don’t have sufficient funds to purchase the Add-Ons, you will be asked to make a one-time payment equal to the price of the Add-On, less your current available funds. Click ‘Submit’, then ‘Go back’: now the button below the calculator will say ‘Buy Add-Ons’.
  4. Select ‘Confirm my purchase’, and you’re off to the races! 
  5. just check it out,

if you still not working do one thing Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

and do rebooting your phone take your SIM card out and waiting for a 2 minute and put it back and turn on -This one is quick and simple.

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again

@tuckerc291 wrote:

Hi added 1gb of data to my plan July 10 and the money was taken off my card but it is not showing on my account... How long does this take... When I purchased it of said up to 48 hours

It shouldn't say anything about taking 48 hours. Data add-ons work immediately upon purchase. Check if the funds are still in your Public Mobile account balance. If a customer tries to purchase an add-on without the funds already in the account, the purcahse steps do not purchase the add-on, but rather only top up the account. if that's the case, go back now and purchase the add-on.

Need Help? Let's chat.