cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add-ons but data did not add to my account

54321Wonderful
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have paid with my credit card for more data to add ons to my account, $15 on June 28, and

Public Mobile has already charged it to my credit card, but did not add the data to my account

Why did Public Mobile take the money from my credit card, but do not know to add the data to

my account?  Are they in this business to steal money from their customers?

I wrote to the moderator twice, NO ANSWER!!!!!!

22 REPLIES 22

@Jb456 

The threads have been combined.

thanks

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@54321Wonderful If you run low on data consider renewing your current plan early. It may be cheaper than $15 for a GB. Of course you could also move up to a plan with more data if it happens regularly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@54321Wonderful wrote:

Thank you very much for your last reply to ask me to dial 611 and which I did so finally I did it the right way and the data is added to my account.

You are wonderful!!!   Thank you!!!

Have a Wonderful Canada Day!!!!!

@hairbag1. said it much better than I would have. Yeah...refrain from the nukes next time. It keeps surprising me how often people will go full nuclear before coming to the realization that it was something they did or didn't do when the solution was so simple.

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@54321Wonderful Check your account. If Avalable Funds show at least $15 and you cannot see the add-on under "Data & add-ons", just purchase it again, logout and reboot your phone.

As you've discovered, Public Mobile is basically a do-it-yourself type of service. If you ever run into another problem, just consult the PM Community Forum members before you go all nuclear again. The forum is the first place to go, and there's always a knowledgeable member who can suggest either a fix, a plan of action or direct you to a moderator for their intervention.

Solutions from the forum are  probably faster than an off-shore call center and you won't have to listen to crappy music while you wait.

Welcome to PM.

tabi159w
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
Spoiler

Again, after adding money to your account, make sure you go to the add-on page to spend the money on your account on the add-on of your choice.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@tabi159w wrote:

The Moderators may be on vacation as it is Canada Day. Make sure to purchase the add-on after you've made a payment to add funds in your account.

There are 12 moderator is online at the moment.  July 1,6:18 pm MST.

@tabi159w 

Make sure to purchase your add-on after adding fund to your account.

54321Wonderful

Thank you very much for your last reply to ask me to dial 611 and which I did so finally I did it the right way and the data is added to my account.

You are wonderful!!!   Thank you!!!

Have a Wonderful Canada Day!!!!!

@54321Wonderful 

Contact moderators so they can assist you and investigate your payment and see where your money went. They are the ones that have access to see your Public Mobile account as they work for PM. This is just a community forum we are customer's like you.

Two ways to reach them.

1- 

Simon.JPG

2- or via private message at link below.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Please allow 24/48 hours for a response. Although lately they have been responding quicker.

Hope your problem gets sorted.

@54321Wonderful  Just dial 611. The system should should report a balance of $15. That means that you have the funds to purchase the data add-on. Just follow the prompts and purchase the data add-on and your should be good to go. Restart your phone and your data should start working.

54321Wonderful

I did check my account, the money did not show in the available fund.  but has already been charged to my credit card.  But no data add to my account, I checked my self serve account  

a few times a day since June 28, after they charged me for the data.  I checked with my bank and yes public mobile took my money.  

How to fix my problem now?  Thanks.

54321Wonderful

I did not do it right, but public mobile already took the money from my credit card and yet did not add the data to my account.  I have been checking my account balance every few hours.

How to get my money back so that I can do it properly? Or how to get them to add the data

to my account now?  

I am a pensioner so can not afford to spend another $15 to do it the right way.  Unless the give me back my $15.

Thank you!

No need for caps.

We answered your other thread.

Did you log into your self serve account? Does the money show in your available balance?

Oracles and retired Oracle's. Merge with thread below? @computergeek541 @Luddite @will13am @mimmo  not adding Shawn because he is camping 😅

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Add-ons-but-data-did-not-add-to-my-acco...

It is a two step process to purchase add-ons.  You need to add it to your account.

To purchase Add-Ons using your Self-Serve account, follow these steps:

1. Click on ‘Purchase Add- Ons’ on the Overview tab and scroll down to the Add-On calculator.
  2. Click the plus sign (+) to add and the minus sign (-) to remove selected Add-ons.
  3. When you’ve added all your desired Add-Ons, click ‘Buy Add-Ons’ or ‘Make a Payment’ below the calculator:
    • You will see ‘Make a Payment’ instead of ‘Buy Add-Ons’ if there are not enough funds in your account to make the purchase.
    • If you don’t have sufficient funds to purchase the Add-Ons, you will be asked to make a one-time payment equal to the price of the Add-On, less your current available funds. Click ‘Submit’, then ‘Go back’: now the button below the calculator will say ‘Buy Add-Ons’.
  4. Select ‘Confirm my purchase’, and you’re off to the races!

54321Wonderful

I BOUGHT $15 DATA DIRECTLY FROM THE SITE WITH MY CREDIT CARD, INSTEAD OF DEPOSITING THE MONEY INTO THE ACCOUNT FIRST, BUT PUBLIC MOBILE TOOK MY MONEY FROM MY CREDIT CARD, BUT DID NOT ADD THE DATA TO MY ACCOUNT.

IS THIS A SCAM?   WHEY DIDNT THEY ANSWER MY QUESTION OR HELP FROM THE MODERATORS?  I WROTE TO THEM TWICE, BUT STILL GET NO ANSWER.

THEY SHOULD HAVE GIVEN ME THE MONEY, SO THAT I CAN DEPOSIT THE FUND INTO THE ACCOUNT AND BUY THE ADD ONS.

HOW DO I GET MY MONEY BACK?????  PLEASE HELP!

54321Wonderful

OK, I DID NOT DO IT THE RIGHT WAY, I PAID WITH MY CREDIT CARD BUT HOW TO FIX THE PROBLEM?

HOW DO I GET MY $15 BACK SO THAT I CAN DEPOIT THE MONEY INTO THE ACCOUNT AND BUY THE ADD ONS.

PLEASE HELP|!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

54321Wonderful

I DID NOT DEPOSIT FUND INTO THE ACCOUNT FIRST, THAT IS MY MISTAKE, I BOUGHT  THE DATA DIRECTLY FROM THE SITE WITH MY CREDIT CARD, PUBLIC MOBILE HAS CHARGED THE $15 TO MY CREDIT CARD, YET DID NOT ADD THE DATA TO MY ACCOUNT.

YES I DID NOT DO IT RIGHT, BUT THEY TOOK MY MONEY AND NOT ADDED THE DATA

TO MY ACCOUNT.  IS THIS COMPANY

HERE TO STEAL MONEY FROM THE CUSTOMERS?  SO HARD TO GET HELP.  I AM VERY VERY VERY DISAPPOINTED WITH THIS COMPANY.  PLEASE HELP PLEASE HLEP PLEASE HELP!!!!!

tabi159w
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

The Moderators may be on vacation as it is Canada Day. Make sure to purchase the add-on after you've made a payment to add funds in your account.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Buying an add-on is a two step process.

Did you do both steps?

Log into your account. Is the money in your available balance? If yes that is step one and now you have to do step two and actually buy the add-on.

Guide to assist you is on below link.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/HOWTO-Purchasing-Add-ons/td-p/198974

Let us know!

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

Buying an add on is a 2 step process. You added the funds. Now you need to go back in and make the add on purchase.

Need Help? Let's chat.