cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add-ons Question

tqlam
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

My plan is the province (Ontario) unlimited talk and global wide unlimited text, and I am going to West coast and want to purchase an Add-ons for talk (calls in/out) while in Vancouver, is the 'In Canada Long Distance' add-ons (200 mins $8) that I should purchase for making calls in Vancouver?

7 REPLIES 7

@tqlam wrote:

@closngYou mean even I don't have add-ons, I still can make local Vancouver calls while I am in Vancouver with the unlimited province talk?

While you are there, you'll be able to make an outgoing call to any British Columbia phone number.

The province wide plan is based on the tower you connect to.  If you're connected to a tower in BC, you can call without charge to BC numbers.  If you are in Ontario, same thing, calls to Ontario numbers are no charge.

Only out of 'current' province calls rquire a LD addon, and officially, all incoming calls out of your 'home province' need LD addons to receive them. **As mentioned... your mileage may vary on this*

closng
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@tqlam wrote:

@closngYou mean even I don't have add-ons, I still can make local Vancouver calls while I am in Vancouver with the unlimited province talk?

Yes, correct.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

this post might help.  there is a great image.  

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Province-wide-Canada-wide-and-Long-Dis...

note officially you should not receive calls without the addon, but the bug mentioned earlier allows you to receive them

tqlam
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

closng
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@tqlam wrote:

My plan is the province (Ontario) unlimited talk and global wide unlimited text, and I am going to West coast and want to purchase an Add-ons for talk (calls in/out) while in Vancouver, is the 'In Canada Long Distance' add-ons (200 mins $8) that I should purchase for making calls in Vancouver?

Hi @tqlam,

Yes, that is the correct add-on to purchase. Note that when you are in Vancouver and call local numbers, those count towards your "unlimited province wide calling". You will need to purchase the add-on if you need to call Ontario numbers from Vancouver.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

yes that is the addon you want.  you can also get the 400 mins for 15$ and taht will give you international calling to 18 countries.

just a note, there is a bug in the system that even without the long distance addon you can receive calls. but you still need the addon to make calls edit: to outside the province you are in. 

Need Help? Let's chat.