cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add one too my plan

Roriek
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

add one I purchased a add on and didn't realize my plan ran out that same day it just around June 30 the ish but the add-on wasn't credited to my account

14 REPLIES 14

@Brody88 

Well, that’s a slightly different error. There were two choices for you after you selected the plan you wanted to change to. Change Now or Change at Next Renewal. I know, people are in there changing plans because they want it now not later but I believe there is some wording to tell you what’s going to happen if you choose “Now”. That’s just how Prepaid Plans work.

AE_Collector

Brody88
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Did you specifically do an add on, or maybe it was a change to your plan?  I made the mistake of doing an add on first, then changed the plan.  When I changed my plan (just after it renewed using autopay), I was billed the new amount on my credit card, not the difference as I thought it would be.  So I actually paid for 2 different plans this month.  Next time I change plans, it will be done at the next billing cycle, not right away.

@Naepalm wrote:

I do agree with everyone on this. I have purchased an add on, it does give you the warning and says add funds before purchasing the add on. But I think @LovesToPM is right people are clicking theiugh quickly and when they click add on then proceed to add funds they thinkt he process is done. 

Before even purchasing an add on their should be a prompt on that screen.

"if you are viewing this screen to purchase an add on please add sufficient funds to your account in order to complete your add on" Or aomething like that and it needs to be HUGE and in BOLD lol

@Naepalm  I think there needs to be a little bit of personal responsibility here. There is a warning and people ignore it. Having ignored it and seeing no add on after they have apparently paid for it, rather than search the board for a remedy, they start a new thread. What's the saying, "you can lead a horse to water....."

I don't think it will matter what PM does on this. Someone will always ignore what is written and then complain that the system didn't work.

I do agree with everyone on this. I have purchased an add on, it does give you the warning and says add funds before purchasing the add on. But I think @LovesToPM is right people are clicking theiugh quickly and when they click add on then proceed to add funds they thinkt he process is done. 

Before even purchasing an add on their should be a prompt on that screen.

"if you are viewing this screen to purchase an add on please add sufficient funds to your account in order to complete your add on" Or aomething like that and it needs to be HUGE and in BOLD lol

Anonymous
Not applicable

@popping wrote:

Let us hope that the new self-serve portal will fix these annoying issues which affect customer experience.

1.  buying add-on 

2.  account expired at the night before the renewal day

3.  autopay does not pay

#1 just needs to intercept and say something upon entering Purchase add-ons. Click on that button and it says you need to deposit money into account before buying any add-ons if you don't already have sufficient funds.

#2 I don't have a problem with their recent fix to simply "before" date.

#3. This should NEVER fail from Public Mobiles side once set up. Obviously if the customer changes any of their information then they're responsible to change it here. How could PM possibly know you moved.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Anonymous wrote:

@AE_Collector wrote:

I keep trying to figure out what really happens in this situation. No one is going to add funds and then think that the system reads their mind as to what they were wanting to add. I have never purchased an add on so dont have any real experience. But my guess is that the person goes straight to the add-ons and selects the one they want and then they go to “purchase it” by adding the funds or they think it was charged to their registered credit card automatically? But since no funds were available the purchase failed. Then if they add the funds to pay for it they would have to go back again and select the add-on but they figure they have already done that? Just trying to figure how we hear about this so often here.

AE_Collector

I guess you need to kinda step through it yourself.

It looks like you're buying an add-on.

You select the add-on. You click go. It says it wants money. You give it money ...where's my add-on?

Of course it's written all over the place that you need the funds first...but who reads these things. It's non-intuitive.

Let us hope that the new self-serve portal will fix these annoying issues which affect customer experience.

1.  buying add-on 

2.  account expired at the night before the renewal day

3.  autopay does not pay

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@Roriek  Nothing will be lost.

If your plan renewed on June 30 and you no longer want to buy the add-on, the payment you made would still be in your available funds or it was already applied towards your last renewal.

If you bought an add-on and your plan renewed before you had a chance to use the add-on, there's no need to be concerned. Once you buy them, add-ons remain on your account until they are fully consumed.

@AE_Collector 

There could be several reasons:

1. As z10user4 mentioned, the 2 step process is not intuitive.

2. Most of the time, people are in a rush. We all need to read the "fine" print.

tabi159w
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Make sure that after adding funds to your account you actually purchase your add-on. It's a bit silly that it's a two-step process but I guess that's just how PM operates.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AE_Collector wrote:

I keep trying to figure out what really happens in this situation. No one is going to add funds and then think that the system reads their mind as to what they were wanting to add. I have never purchased an add on so dont have any real experience. But my guess is that the person goes straight to the add-ons and selects the one they want and then they go to “purchase it” by adding the funds or they think it was charged to their registered credit card automatically? But since no funds were available the purchase failed. Then if they add the funds to pay for it they would have to go back again and select the add-on but they figure they have already done that? Just trying to figure how we hear about this so often here.

AE_Collector

I guess you need to kinda step through it yourself.

It looks like you're buying an add-on.

You select the add-on. You click go. It says it wants money. You give it money ...where's my add-on?

Of course it's written all over the place that you need the funds first...but who reads these things. It's non-intuitive.

AE_Collector

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Roriek check your credit card and payment history  in your self service account to see if your plan renewed on June 30 less the amount that you paid for the add-on.  Welcome to the community.  Stay safe. 

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Roriek It seems that you didn't buy addon yet. You just added funds to your account. Now, you need to select the addon and buy it using your funds.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

Buying add-ons is a 2 step process.

1. First make a payment to add the money to your available funds.

2. Then use the available funds to purchase the add-on you want.

See user how-to guide here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/HOWTO-Purchasing-Add-ons/m-p/198974

Need Help? Let's chat.