cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add-on

MicheleM
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I purchased the long distance international call add-on (300 minutes). However, it is still not working, any thoughts? 

16 REPLIES 16

@dannyro67 

Local sim cards are very reasonable in Europe and will work in all of Europe with their roam free sharing agreements. Here is an article on your options.

https://toomanyadapters.com/buying-local-sim-cards/

This article specifically describes sim cards available in France and depending on your data needs the Free SIM card is an interesting option priced at €20 per month.

https://www.eurocheapo.com/blog/best-sim-cards-for-your-trip-to-france.html

Here is some advice on plan/service suspensions....

Spoiler

Options for your account and service....

1. You can turn off autopay and allow the account to suspend at the of your current 30 day cycle but this is your least advantageous option. Pay and reactivate by day 85 or so.
  2. If you have an account balance that exceeds your plan amount then you need to suspend via the lost/stolen feature in your account before midnight eastern on the evening of your renewal. Then on day 85 or so resume your service to pay and reactivate.
  3. Suspending via lost/stolen before midnight eastern will keep your voicemail active allowing you retrieve voicemail and any verification sent by phone calls. However your rewards will not be applied to your account. Moderator contact after paying and reactivating is necessary to have the rewards applied manually.
  4. Voicemail can be accessed by calling your pm number from a different phone by calling your phone # and pressing * once connected and entering your 4 digit voicemail pin #.
  5. If you don't have an account balance or enough balance to cover your plan amount you can suspend via lost/stolen after midnight but before 2 am eastern on the day of your renewal. Once your rewards have been applied (usually by 12:15 am et) then suspend your account. Voicemail access will be lost.
  6. Switching to the $15 plan with rewards helping to cover a partial or full amount of your plan allows you to call forward your pm number to your fongo number. Be sure to perform all call forwarding while in Canada. Now any incoming calling to your pm number will ring thru to your fongo number while on wifi or mobile data (w/a local or global sim card) You can access your fongo voicemail for all voicemail messages.

Most important mark on your calendar day 85 of your suspension and day 90. Do not forget when you must unsuspend your account via lost/stolen and/or pay and reactivate your service so you don't lose your phone number and account. Happy travels!

BTW....since you mistakenly purchased the international calling add on you can contact customer support and ask if they will remove it and credit your account. Click on the chat bubble at the bottom right corner of your screen and type "account related issue" and "human" and follow the prompts to submit your ticket via Simple--Simon. Keep an eye on the envelope icon at the top right corner of your screen next to your avatar for a little number to pop up indicating a reply from a CSA. Responding promptly will speed up service times.

dannyro67

Ah... that makes more sense. 

Thanks.

The international long distance add-on is only for making calls while you are in Canada.  PM only offers roaming in the US.  You would need to ether purchase a local sim or use Wi-Fi apps like Textnow, Skype, or Signal.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dannyro67 : Correct. For dialing out from Canada. It's an add-on to a plan...not a plan.

dannyro67

Interesting, since the Publie Mobile Add On list shows France in the 300 minute plan...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dannyro67 : Assistance is futile. Public Mobile does not work outside Canada or the states with roaming. Nowhere else.

dannyro67

I selected the 300 International Long Distance Minutes add on prior to departing Canada.  When I arrived in France and restarted my phone, I wasn't able to access a mobile network.  I restarted again, and I still get the, 'mobile network not available,' notification.

Can you assist?

@MicheleM 

It's recommended to reboot your device after adding add ons. 

Let us know if that worked. 

Also, the country you're calling needs to be on the included list. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MicheleM : As listed above by Triguy.

But I don't think any provider can call ALL countries. And then there can be limitations of area codes and prefixes in those.

@MicheleM wrote:

Where can I find the list of countries? doesn't international calls include all countries? 

International only means other countries. It doesn't mean all countries.  Countries are listed on the plans page in the add-ons seciton.  https://www.publicmobile.ca/plans

MicheleM

Isn't there any service that would include countries not on the listed you provided? 

Thanks a lot, this is a great help 

MicheleM

Where can I find the list of countries? doesn't international calls include all countries? 

MicheleM

Hello! I did all of that 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

300 International Long Distance Minutes - $15

Included countries: Australia, Austria, Bangladesh, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, France,Germany, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Romania, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Thailand, Venezuela

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MicheleM : Did you do the two steps? Add money, buy add-on. It's a bit non-intuitive. Also, are you sure the country you want to call is included in the somewhat limited list of countries?

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

It is a two step process to purchase an add-on.  You need to add it and then make a payment.

To purchase Add-Ons using your Self-Serve account, follow these steps:

1. Click on ‘Purchase Add- Ons’ on the Overview tab and scroll down to the Add-On calculator.
  2. Click the plus sign (+) to add and the minus sign (-) to remove selected Add-ons.
  3. When you’ve added all your desired Add-Ons, click ‘Buy Add-Ons’ or ‘Make a Payment’ below the calculator:
    • You will see ‘Make a Payment’ instead of ‘Buy Add-Ons’ if there are not enough funds in your account to make the purchase.
    • If you don’t have sufficient funds to purchase the Add-Ons, you will be asked to make a one-time payment equal to the price of the Add-On, less your current available funds. Click ‘Submit’, then ‘Go back’: now the button below the calculator will say ‘Buy Add-Ons’.
  4. Select ‘Confirm my purchase’, and you’re off to the races!
Need Help? Let's chat.