cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add on

pawan_ds
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Does my $40 package include US talk time?
and does asking this question get me $20 off my 30 day plan?

10 REPLIES 10

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@pawan_ds wrote:

@pawan_ds As long as you don't have US roaming in the plan, it is a NO. 

You can think about download a free calling app such as TextNow or Fongo. You can call to the States for FREE as long as you have wifi or data. They are free to North Amercia including landline. 

Community rewards are hard to earn of $20 off each month. You can take a look into the Feb community contributors. Don't expect much from that. 

sunflowershine

@pawan_ds wrote:

@pawan_ds As long as you don't have US roaming in the plan, it is a NO. 

You can think about download a free calling app such as TextNow or Fongo. You can call to the States for FREE as long as you have wifi or data. They are free to North Amercia including landline. 

Community rewards are hard to earn of $20 off each month. You can take a look into the Feb community contributors. Don't expect much from that. 

lukealex121
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I should’ve worded that differently. Like you said, there is a formula to it, it just isn’t available for anyone to see. 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@lukealex121 wrote:

There is no exact formula to this, but Here’s a breakdown of the community rewards:

@lukealex121 small correction:  there is an exact formula to this, but it is proprietary and kept secret by Public Mobile.  If they were to publish how the rankings are calculated, many people would attempt to "game" the system to manipulate their rankings.  We already see this in the community from time to time even without the details of the system being publsihed--but they usually get discovered. 🙂

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@pawan_ds wrote:

@pawan_ds you've gotten some decent answers already but let's clarify what you mean by "US Talk Time". 

Do you mean:

1) being able to receive calls from the US while you are physically in Canada?

2) being able to call US numbers while you are physically in Canada?

3) being able to make calls to US and Canadian numbers while you are physically in the USA?

The answers are:

1) Yes, while you are in Canada, you can receive calls from literally anywhere and your plan includes unlimited airtime so go ahead and talk away!

2) No, your plan only includes Canada-wide talk.  The $50 plan includes "Canada-wide and to the USA" talk, meaning you can make unlimited calls to US numbers while you are in Canada.  If you only need to call to the USA occasionally, check out the $8 200 minutes long distance or $15 400 minutes long disatance add-ons. These do not expire and stay on your account until used up.

3) Roaming to the USA is not included any any plans and must be purchased via one or more "US Roaming" add-on(s), as noted by the previous responders.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@lukealex121 wrote:

As @Lieux stated, you’ll need to purchase an add-on to receive US calling with your plan. Everything your plan includes can be viewed from the “Plan Details” Page in self-serve. 

And no, you don’t get a $20 community reward for a single question 😛 

There is no exact formula to this, but Here’s a breakdown of the community rewards:

You can receive call from anywhere in the world..but not call to anywhere in the world.Smiley Wink

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Did you build your plan?

Apparently you can build it with some data too for 35 or 40Screenshot_20190329-163707.png

lukealex121
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

As @Lieux stated, you’ll need to purchase an add-on to receive US calling with your plan. Everything your plan includes can be viewed from the “Plan Details” Page in self-serve. 

And no, you don’t get a $20 community reward for a single question 😛 

6F3F5C8E-F0AC-480F-9F65-0B286D8FB8A9.jpeg

Pizzaeh

@pawan_ds wrote:

You can check your plan by logging into your self-serve account.  The ready-made plan details are also listed here.

Asking one question to get $20 off a 30 day plan Smiley LOL....I guess you didn't ask the right question, and apparently neither have the rest of us, so don't feel bad. ;o)

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@pawan_ds wrote:

No you need the 50$ plan if you want call from Canada to US included. Or you can buy an add-on for Us roaming.

US Roaming6

For 10 Days

U.S. Talk, Text and Data Bundle

Unlimited Talk, International Text and 250MB Data for just $20 for 10 days.

$20
U.S. Talk and Text Bundle

Unlimited Talk and International Text for just $15 for 10 days.

$15
U.S. Talk Only

Unlimited Talk for just $8 for 10 days.

$8
U.S. Text Only

Unlimited International Text for just $8 for 10 days.

$8
U.S. Data Only

250MB Data for $10, 500MB Data for $15 and 1GB Data for $20 for 10 days.

From $10

And no you will not be elligible for the 20$ credit for your 30$ plan just for asking this question...Smiley Wink

Need Help? Let's chat.