cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add-on trouble

bev01
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

On Mar 30 I tried to add the $15/1000 US minutes option to my plan.  I had a balance of $0.00 as I have automatic withdrawal.  The site says I have to have a positive balance to cover the cost of an add-on purchase.  I made a payment to my account and it just deducted from the amount from my future normal bill.  So my future bill was less what I added, and I still had no funds to purchase and add-on...HELP, what am I missing??

20 REPLIES 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bev01 : A little definitional thing here...money will always go into Available Funds. Then you buy add-ons or let the plan renew out of that.

Glad you got it sorted. Musta been a one-off.

bev01

I never had that issue before either, I've purchased add-ons before...went through easy peasy, just this time.  Seems it was a one off.  Thanks everyone for your time!

bev01

Hey Z, I tried again, exactly as I did the first million times...and it worked!  If it happens again in the future, I will screen shot it.  Sorry to take up your time...I was just worried that I would keep adding money, and it would keep deferring it to my balance.  Seems it was a one off. Have a fantastic day!

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@bev01   not sure what to say.   the history you posted shows you had $15 available until the 5 of april when your renewal happened.  

if you still need the addon as mentioned i would add $15 as funds.  then try purchasing the addon.  maybe login /log out or try incognito mode (but these last steps should not be necessary)

as for system not letting you purchase the addon from 30 -5 when you had funds available i have no idea, never encountered that before.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bev01 : Ok.

1. use registered payment card to make a manual payment enough to pay for the add-on.

2. check Available Funds to see that the money went there.

3. Purchase Add-on.

4. check Available Funds to see that money was used.

5. check My Data & Add-ons for the presence of the add-on.

bev01

I'm going to try again, but that is exactly what I was doing last time...even though the money had already come from my bank account, I still couldn't purchase because it was showing that I had a zero balance, (it was showing my future bill as less what I had just added) it kept telling me to add to my account...

bev01

Hi Mimmo, that's exactly what I was trying to do.  I was doing it as you said,  and I made many attempts to purchase, but every time I tried, it said I had $0.00 balance, and that was after they had taken my money and applied it to my upcoming bill.  The money had showed as withdrawn from my bank account, so I know it had already gone through

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@bev01  Yes you currently have $0 balance. If you still want the add-on make $15 payment then immediately return to page to buy it. 

Detailed instruction: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/HOWTO-Purchasing-Add-ons/m-p/198974#M22...

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@bev01 I agree with @Anonymous   the addon purchase is two confusing steps.  1) add funds then purchase addon.   It looks from history that you did not purchase the addon (go through the purchase process again) to actually purchase it.  you added funds and then 5 days later teh funds were still in as available so they were used for the renewal.

if you need the addon I woudl add funds then go through the purchase process.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Edit: The next page of Payment history will tell us definitively.

bev01

Sorry, I didn't read your response properly...It shows that I had a credit there, but every time I went to purchase, it said that I had $0.00 balance, and showed that my future bill was less exactly what I had added....I guess I should have screen shotted that, lol.

bev01

How are march 30 and April 5th the same day?  I'm confused (not a new thing)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bev01 : Excellent. Next page? It looks like you did not actually do the second step of actually buying the add-on you wanted on the 30th. Then the money stayed there until it renewed on the 5th.

bev01

Screenshot (9).png

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bev01 : We'll continue to gather facts before we come to any conclusions. I think some misunderstanding of timing happened. But we'll see. How're you coming with that Payment history?

Keep in mind that you're talking to fellow customers on an open forum.

bev01

Yes, they took the money to put toward my future bill instead of giving me a balance with which to purchase an add on.  So, that would mean that I have to pay my entire bill (automatic withdrawal every 3 months) plus the add on amount, just to get a $15 dollar add on?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bev01 : Maybe post a screenshot of your Payment history from here (not payment card). That sounds odd though. I suspect there's a quirk of timing as to whether your account might have been suspended then.

bev01

Hi Z, 

I put the money on to purchase the add-on immediately, the second I had a balance.  It took my money immediately, and then immediately took it off my upcoming bill, that wasn't taken out until 7 days later.  I never had a chance to purchase.

jordanvanrooyen
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It sounds like they put that money towards your future bill, so you would have to still pay for the add on, or that’s what I’m getting from your post. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bev01 : It sounds like you deposited money in anticipation of getting the add-on not long in the future. Your renewal happened in that interlude. Everything flows in and out of Available Funds. The renewal drained it and then took what it needed from the registered payment card via autopay.

Need Help? Let's chat.