cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add-on stopped working

KristenJadie
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I purchased an international long distance add-on yesterday morning - it took an hour to take effect but it did work eventually. I just tried calling the UK again this morning and i am getting the same message I was before it was active "you do not have an active long distance add on". I checked my account and it is still there - I have not used any minutes from it! 

Please help.

10 REPLIES 10

prairiedogbob
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@KristenJadie 

I was having a similar issue today i tried rebooting my phone, airplane mode even suspended my service. Nothing seemed to work so I messaged the moderators. I went for a couple of hours came Back And my phone was working normal again. When I checked online  the moderator had responded about a half hour after I messaged them. They said everything looked ok but refreshed the account anyways. So Im not sure if it starred working on its own or if refreshing the account fixed it? So it couldn't hurt to ask the moderators to do the same to yours.

@KristenJadie 

I think this is less of an add on issue and just the regular calling glitch that triggers the message you were hearing.  The next time you recieve it try calling a phone number that you frequently call and see if it connects then try calling the UK again. If it persists go thru the standard trouble shooting list.....and calling out after each one.

1. Reboot phone.
  2. Toggle airplane mode on/off.
  3. Log in. Report phone lost/stolen. Log out. Log in. Report found. Log out. Reboot.
  4. Remove sim card. Reseat sim card. Reboot phone.

KristenJadie

It is letting me make local calls.

It finally worked just now but just like yesterday it didn't work before 9am. Now the business I need to contact is closed. I need to know that it will work tomorrow before 9am. I literally did nothing differently just kept redialing through my recents in the phone? Working with a moderator onit

@KristenJadie 

Can you call locale/within Canada or do you get the same message?

@KristenJadie 

Maybe try rebooting your phone.  If that does not work, maybe network reset.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@KristenJadie wrote:

Its active in my account and I used it yesterday and it worked. The reason no minutes came off is because it went to voicemail. I'm using all the right calling codes. It just stopped working today it was working yesterday

It's a 1000 minutes...maybe you could try another number manually dialing and hang up if it answers.

KristenJadie

Its active in my account and I used it yesterday and it worked. The reason no minutes came off is because it went to voicemail. I'm using all the right calling codes. It just stopped working today it was working yesterday

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Do you have 300 International Long Distance Minutes - $15 ?

Included countries: Australia, Austria, Bangladesh, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, France,Germany, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Romania, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Thailand, Venezuela

You would need 1000 U.K. Long Distance Minutes - $15

Calls made to numbers starting with the following UK codes are not included in UK calling from Canada and will not be completed when dialled: 4470, 44870-44879, 44843-44845.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@KristenJadie wrote:

I purchased an international long distance add-on yesterday morning - it took an hour to take effect but it did work eventually. I just tried calling the UK again this morning and i am getting the same message I was before it was active "you do not have an active long distance add on". I checked my account and it is still there - I have not used any minutes from it! 

Please help.

Do you see the 1000 UK add-on in your my data & add-ons area? Do you see sufficient balance in your Available Funds?

It's a little non-intuitive. Adding money is step one. Then you buy the add-on.

Maybe restart the phone too.

Edit: wait... are you remembering to use 011 or + in front of the country code?

Also is your account active? Can you otherwise call and text normally?

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@KristenJadie wrote:

Please help.

Here’s how to contact the Moderator Team (Public Mobile representative) for assistance:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Choose the chat bubble in the lower right hand corner and follow the prompts.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.
Need Help? Let's chat.