cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add on stopped working

xcelwang
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have been with Public Mobile for over a year now on the same plan with no issues, but suddenly yesterday my add-ons stopped working. I am on a plan with unlimited provincial text and talk, and on my account it says it is still active. I cannot send or receive any texts or phone calls. I have autopay on and checked that there was a payment made very recently.

4 REPLIES 4

xcelwang
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Suspending service and restarting worked, thanks!

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@xcelwang wrote:

I have been with Public Mobile for over a year now on the same plan with no issues, but suddenly yesterday my add-ons stopped working. I am on a plan with unlimited provincial text and talk, and on my account it says it is still active. I cannot send or receive any texts or phone calls. I have autopay on and checked that there was a payment made very recently.

@xcelwang  Others have recently reported similar issues. Best to submit a ticket to PM so they can investigate.

To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking the icon below:

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@xcelwang wrote:

Since you have a provincial talk plan, did you made out of province long distance calls?

But the text message should work.  PM uses 3G signal for call and text messages.  There may be hardware issue with your phone.

After trying the suggestions by @gblackma, you still cannot make any call.  It is time to test your SIM card with another phone to determine whether the source of issue is from PM or your phone hardware.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@xcelwang  your service may not have reset properly. Try these tricks to restart your phone service. You could try in order:
1. Restarting your phone. Turn your phone off, wait 30 seconds and restart.
2.Putting your phone on aeroplane mode for 5 minutes. Take it off and restart.
3.From your self service account enable the lost/ stolen feature log out, wait 5  minutes, log in and take it off. Log out and restart your phone.
4. Add a one time payment and of $1 To your account and restart your phone .

If these tricks don't work contact a moderator and ask them to reset your SIM. Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen.  This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one (CLICK on account specific question and human and submit a ticket)
Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen. The mods answer will show up there.
You can also enable email notification to receive a private message notification in your email INBOX.
Go into your community account > my settings > PREFERENCES > Private Messenger > enable "Receive email notifications for new private messages" > Save

Need Help? Let's chat.