cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add on pricing !???

Penndroid
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

When Public Mobile is offering a $40/6gb plan if you switch to Koodoo (another off shot company of Telus) and yet offers and atrocious 1gb add on for $30 dollars to current /new Public Mobile consumers is very telling!! Where is the rub? 1hb at $30 dollars is highway robbery and it should be offered for less 2gb I could swallow or a more options to add more GB ...I enjoy my plan don't get me wrong but I'm also paying 52 dollars ...I'd like to get more GB heck even an extra gig but working out 30 dollars is a no go for me!

6 REPLIES 6

@Penndroid wrote:

I'm comparing add on through PM to the Promo based monthly offer from Koodoo or better plans from other providers for that matter percentage wise via overall plan costs to add on cost .....$80 dollars for a 7gb plan or 40 under promo umbrella ...for 6gb ....I pay 52 for 2 gb add 30 + tax I'm gonna pay 90 bucks for 3 GB with PM see what I'm making a point on ? 

No, I don't see your point. I believe you are comparing apples and oranges.

a) The data add-ons at PM are rolling over to your next billing cycle - if you only need a couple 100MB extra per occasional billing cycle, the plan data is used first and then the add-on kicks in for the gap and is yours until used up. Your plan data bucket is filled up again on your renewal date.

b) if you are going over your plan data on a regular basis I'd upgrade to the next higher block (3GB LTE for $57?).

c) If you play with the plan builder you can find  other options to save a nice chunk of money for your data. For example right now for $50 (before any rewards are taken off) you'd get 6.5GB of LTE light and Canada-wide calling.

I prefer to call the "3G plans" LTE light because you are still using LTE technology / latency, just the speed is capped at 3Mbps, which is fast enough for most users and uses other than heavy HD streaming or gaming.

If you are eligible for any of those sweet targeted (!!) migration offers, nobody is holding you back - go and compare the fine print, additional cost etc and choose what's best for your bank account and needs.

@JL9 wrote:

I agree with you. That is why I try to stay away from it, but $30 for 1gb is the market average when it comes to prepaid phone companies (I believe)

Bell's new rate for overages is $100/GB.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

I agree with you. That is why I try to stay away from it, but $30 for 1gb is the market average when it comes to prepaid phone companies (I believe)

Sorry, the point is lost on me. Just go to whichever carrier has the best deal for you. If you don't like the cost of an add-on, at least at PM you may renew early if you wish.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Penndroid
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm comparing add on through PM to the Promo based monthly offer from Koodoo or better plans from other providers for that matter percentage wise via overall plan costs to add on cost .....$80 dollars for a 7gb plan or 40 under promo umbrella ...for 6gb ....I pay 52 for 2 gb add 30 + tax I'm gonna pay 90 bucks for 3 GB with PM see what I'm making a point on ? 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Penndroid wrote:

When Public Mobile is offering a $40/6gb plan if you switch to Koodoo (another off shot company of Telus) and yet offers and atrocious 1gb add on for $30 dollars to current /new Public Mobile consumers is very telling!! Where is the rub? 1hb at $30 dollars is highway robbery and it should be offered for less 2gb I could swallow or a more options to add more GB ...I enjoy my plan don't get me wrong but I'm also paying 52 dollars ...I'd like to get more GB heck even an extra gig but working out 30 dollars is a no go for me!

@Penndroid actually $30/GB is FAR cheaper than overage costs as Koodo, which are $7/100MB = approx $70/GB.  So PM is less than half that cost.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Need Help? Let's chat.