cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add on not working

Dimitry
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi There, 

I bought an add on for $10 (200mb) the payment was successful I see the credit on account but I can’t use internet

many thanks 

8 REPLIES 8

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Korth wrote:

@Dimitry

You also have to configure your phone APN Settings to access Data (and msg attachments) on Public Mobile, if it doesn't happen automagically and you haven't already done it. 

@Korth that's not always true.  Asus phones pretty much always need manual APN.  But many phones from the likes of Samsung, LG*, OnePlus, Xiaomi, Huawei, Apple, and others come with the Public Mobile APN settings in their factory configuration table.  Some other bands may be hit-and-miss.

*LG phones often have another quirk which require network or factory reset to resolve, but this is unrelated to APN.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@Dimitry

You also have to configure your phone APN Settings to access Data (and msg attachments) on Public Mobile, if it doesn't happen automagically and you haven't already done it. 

Make note of that because it's the same process for most PM add-ons. Kinda cumbersome, I know...but ok once you remember that it takes a couple of steps.

Good luck.

Dimitry
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks so much!!

It's a two step process 

Refer to link wetcoaster posted.

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@Dimitry wrote:

Hi There, 

I bought an add on for $10 (200mb) the payment was successful I see the credit on account but I can’t use internet

many thanks 

Silly system makes you but it again to get the add-on if you have no account funds. Do it again.

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

@Dimitry wrote:

Hi There, 

many thanks 

Adding an add-on is a two step process. First you are adding the amount needed to available funds, then you have to go back and buy the add-on "again".

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/HOWTO-Purchasing-Add-ons/m-p/198974/hig...

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Log into My Account. Do you see your payment sitting in Available Funds ? If so, now you must go back and buy the add-on you paid for.

Need Help? Let's chat.