cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add on long distance minutes

AM6
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

In December 2020 I added 500 Canada-wide long distance minutes to my account and it shows under the My plans & add ons tab, but when I go under Data & add-on usage it shows talk add-on of 400 minutes. The 400 minutes was added in the prior year so when they are used up will the 500 minutes be added?  Otherwise I am missing 500 minutes.

I added another 500 minutes today as this phone line is being used by a senior who is currently in hospital and needs the phone so I could not wait for a reply to resolve the issue before adding more minutes.

Please add the missing minutes. Thanks you

5 REPLIES 5

@AM6 

The 400 minutes is likely a Canada/US calling add on, unlike the 500 minutes which is just for calling anywhere in Canada. Thus they are two different types of plans. The Canada only plan should get used unless the call is to the USA. But if you had no Canada only add on the Canada/USA add on would take over when needed.

AE_Collector

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AM6 : I think the system did the right thing. It used the 500 minutes. Now they're done and you've bought another 500. You _could_ have gone about consuming the 400 at this time as it also had Canada in it. You _might_ have used some of it. But now you're on the proper 500 one and the 400 should step back awaiting international/US calls.

@AM6 

Do you see the first 500 long distance Canada minutes tracker in your Data and add ons section?  Is it possible that it ran out already?  

Public mobile might be using the 400 Long distance talk add on first.  Once that is run out, then using Canada long distance add on.

However, as mentioned above, a screenshot of your overview page would be helpful.  

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@AM6   Buying add-ons is a 2 steps process

1. Load fund

2. Actual buying of the add-ons

Many users missed step 2 and only did step 1

There is a chance that you load the fund, didn't buy the add-ons and the money was used on the next cycle renewal.

and yes, you could use long distance because you still had some bonus LD add-on from Christmas

Since it was too long ago, there is no way you can confirm on My Account (transaction history there only keep for 6 months, i think)

Please open  a ticket to confirm if you have load the fund and if you hve made the purchase back in Dec

for the one you added today.  If you logon to My Account, any chance you see there is an amount showing as Available Fund ?  If so, you have just added the fund but not buying the add-ons

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@AM6 wrote:

In December 2020 I added 500 Canada-wide long distance minutes to my account and it shows under the My plans & add ons tab, but when I go under Data & add-on usage it shows talk add-on of 400 minutes. The 400 minutes was added in the prior year so when they are used up will the 500 minutes be added?  Otherwise I am missing 500 minutes.

I added another 500 minutes today as this phone line is being used by a senior who is currently in hospital and needs the phone so I could not wait for a reply to resolve the issue before adding more minutes.

Please add the missing minutes. Thanks you

Could you post a screenshot?

Need Help? Let's chat.