cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add on long distance charge rate

Johan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am looking at adding long distance to my talk plan. I can not seem to find a chart that shows the cost per minute charges for calls places to diferant places:

Rest of Canada

To the US

International like Mexico

9 REPLIES 9

@Shankar5 wrote:

Are these $15 long distance charge rates (400 minutes) per month?

Not monthly, one time purchase and you will use it as needed to call the countries on the LD list.  Any unused minutes keep rolling over and stay on your account until all 400 minutes are depleted.

@Shankar5   Just beware that PM only allows calling to the following countries from Canada with the 400 LD minutes add-on..

400 International Long Distance minutes
Included countries: Canada, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, United States, and Venezuela.
$15

Shankar5
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Are these $15 long distance charge rates (400 minutes) per month?

Johan

Thanks for getting back to me, being new to this I am still try to get use to how this community thing works. I'll get there.

As far as the rate goes, it is about the same that you would pay with a land line, if have no plan price. Unless you are on your phone constantly and make a lot of longdistance calls, this is a great add on. With the unuesed L/D minutes rolling over, I am not sure why any one would go with any thing but the province plan plus the add on!

With the Canada wide talk plan you pay an extra $10.00, so if you do not spend atleast 250 minutes per 30 days on out of province calls, then you will have paid more than you should be and its month after month. As far as L/D goes even with the calls I need to make to Mexico, the 400 minutes will last me a year or more, as I receive more than I make, and as long as I am in my home province all the incoming calls are included, nomatter were in the province I am. Good for me! 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Johan  are the rates higher or lower than you exepected?

Johan

Thank you, I should have clued in to the way they are doing it. It works out to:

Canada and the US @ $0.04 per minute if you go with the 200min for $8.00

Canada, US and 18 International countries @ $0.0375 per minute if you go with the 400 min for $15.00

Lg85
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Here is the link for the international countries that @mimmo mentioned that Public Mobile covers for long distance calling. 🙂

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Calling-an-international-phone-number/m...

@Johan Mexico is included as one of the international countries.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

$8 for 200 minutes 15$ for 400 minutes. Good for Canada USA and international.

There is a limited list of international countries 13. Don't have the link atm.

KMG
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Public Mobile does not offer talk on a per minute basis.

You can change your plan to include unlimited province-wide, Canada-wide, or Canada/USA-wide talk.  You can also purchase a long distance add-on with a fixed number of minutes included.

https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans

Johan

Sorry that was " for calls made to differant places"

Need Help? Let's chat.