cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add on didn't work??

krishmagoraya
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I purchased a US Talk plan before leaving for my trip. Made sure to check that the add-on was activated (it was) but when I went to the US and tried making calls, I was unable to. The call would be dropped and would say that I have not purchased an add-on. Was frustrating because I had work calls to make and no way to do so. Also navigating the Public Mobile Community has been difficult so I hope someone can help me get in touch with a moderator to sort this situation out?

6 REPLIES 6

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Tav wrote:

@angelkisses660 wrote:

I added a long distance call to call 1 number looked to see if it was listed in the number that I couldnt call and it wasnt listed but it still wont work, maybe I added the wrong plan, im in Ontraio trying to call Cali and add the $8 usa roaming calling plan for the 10 days, 

A roaming plan would not be required to call the US if you are in Canada. Its only needed if you are in the US and want to make calls.

What is your current plan? Province wide? Canada Wide? or Canada Wide and to the US? 

@angelkisses660 your post was really hard to understand your situation.  However, if you are in Canada and not travelling in the USA, then @Tav is 100% correct that purchasing a "US Roaming" add-on of any kind will do you no good whatsoever.  The add-on your should have pruchased was either the $8 200 min Long Distance add-on or the $15 400 min Long Distance add-on.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Tav
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@angelkisses660 wrote:

I added a long distance call to call 1 number looked to see if it was listed in the number that I couldnt call and it wasnt listed but it still wont work, maybe I added the wrong plan, im in Ontraio trying to call Cali and add the $8 usa roaming calling plan for the 10 days, 

A roaming plan would not be required to call the US if you are in Canada. Its only needed if you are in the US and want to make calls.

What is your current plan? Province wide? Canada Wide? or Canada Wide and to the US? 

angelkisses660
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

meocon
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@krishmagoraya Did you purchase US Roaming Talk Text Plan $15 or 200 mins (US and Canada)? If you purchase roaming plan, it should work in US. If it's not, you have to contact Mods to fix that out for you.

How long until a moderator replies?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Friday 9am to 9pm, and Saturday & Sunday from 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during office hours, in the order in which they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

PJC
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@krishmagoraya wrote:

I purchased a US Talk plan before leaving for my trip. Made sure to check that the add-on was activated (it was) but when I went to the US and tried making calls, I was unable to. The call would be dropped and would say that I have not purchased an add-on. Was frustrating because I had work calls to make and no way to do so. Also navigating the Public Mobile Community has been difficult so I hope someone can help me get in touch with a moderator to sort this situation out?

Sorry to hear about the issues you encountered.

To reach the mods, you will need to send them a private message using the below link (you will need to include your phone number, pin and details of your issue) for them to help you:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.