cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add on data being used before plan data

mcarson
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I got the 1GB data add-on as part of the referral perk, but I've noticed when looking at the usage on my account that the add-on data is being used, but my plan data is not. Of course since the add-on rolls over and the plan data does not, it would be great if my plan data was used first, and once it was used up then the add-on data would be used. Does anyone know how this works and can help me out? Much appreciated, thanks! 🙂

10 REPLIES 10

doh13
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I have the same issue ,if the add-on  data is being used first then it is useless, When will this be fixed? and will public mobile supply additional data addon packages to affected customers? I had to contact the CCTS to have my other ongoing issue (auto pay not working)"fixed". 

@Mary_M @Shazia_K 'Ta. Robot Happy

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

thank you for sharing @Shazia_K 🙂

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@Luddite

Unfortunately, this is an issue on our end and as mentioned in another thread to @NDesai we are still looking into this and we will update once a resolution is in place 😞

Data add-ons should only be used when plan data has been fully used. 

I hope this helps 🙂 

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello everyone,

thank you all for sharing your concern regarding the data usage!

Data add-ons should not be consumed first - the data plan itself is consumed before any add-on. However, we are aware of this issue and we have flagged it to the necessary team. At this time, I can't provide you with an exact resolution or explanation but stay tuned for updates!

Regards,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Oh wow, is this yet another software bug that will never be fixed.  Well, I am glad I didn't waste any time trying to shill this service to any of my friends for one measly gig of data that won't even stay in the account for that rainy day. 

koimr1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Marc wrote:

I have the same problem, a moderator confirmed that it was normal to use the bonus before the data of my package ... completely useless and stupid

What?? Now I am confused too.

According to this thread it's not supposed to do that.

Can we get another moderator to confirm just how this is supposed to work?

If that is indeed the case then it should be made clear - the original announcement has everybody thinking it's supposed to kick in after your regular allowance.

That is not my understanding of add-ons. Would a senior moderator please update this thread? @Jeremy_M @Shazia_K @Mary_M 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Marc
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I have the same problem, a moderator confirmed that it was normal to use the bonus before the data of my package ... completely useless and stupid

write with google translation sorry

Moderator :

Bonjour Marc,

Merci de nous contacter. Il me fera plaisir de vous aider avec votre problème d'utilisation de données.

En réalité, Conformément à la fonctionnalité du système, le complément de référence de 1 Go est épuisé en premier, puis les autres  données dans votre forfait sont déclenchés.

N'hésiter pas si vous avez d'autres questions.

Cordialement,

Kaba.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Several people have reported this issue. Best to contact the mods and ask them to look into it.

Contact the Moderator_Team by clicking here.

In your message include:
- account email address
- PM phone number
- explanation of what is happening or a link to this thread
- if its a porting issue include your sim number, old account name and account number

Need Help? Let's chat.