Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add-on US Roaming Data options limit

duduncan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello all!

I find this very annoying and strange:

After purchasing a $10 add-on for 250MB US Roaming Data, and using it up, there's no way to purchase another 250MB add-on. Only 500MB and 1GB were available in the add-on options.

So I had to purchase a 500MB data add-on, but after using it up, now only 1GB add-on was available for purchase. I really didn't need 1GB and didn't want to pay the extra. How could I purchase a 250MB data roaming add-on again??

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3

Daphne1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@duduncan wrote:

Hello all!

After purchasing a $10 add-on for 250MB US Roaming Data, and using it up, there's no way to purchase another 250MB add-on. Only 500MB and 1GB were available in the add-on options.

So I had to purchase a 500MB data add-on, but after using it up, now only 1GB add-on was available for purchase. I really didn't need 1GB and didn't want to pay the extra. How could I purchase a 250MB data roaming add-on again??

Thank you!

This is a silly system bug.

If you had known, I’m betting you would’ve bought the 1GB off the bat.

Overall it’s still better than paying $8 daily for so called easy roam offered by other carriers.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@duduncan wrote:

Hello all!

Thank you!

@duduncan  

• If you want to purchase two of the same U.S. Roaming Add-Ons, you will have to wait for the first 10-day period to expire before buying the second, or you can contact a Moderator.
  • If you purchase 2 different U.S. Roaming Add-Ons, they will expire separately.
    • For example:
      • You purchase a U.S Roaming Talk, Text, Data Add-On on Day 1 of your plan. It will expire on Day 10.
      • On Day 6 of your plan, you purchase a 1 GB U.S. Roaming Data Add-On. It will expire on Day 15.

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Note: Moderator Hours: Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am (Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm (Eastern).

* Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team *

Anonymous
Not applicable

@duduncan wrote:

Hello all!

Thank you!

Unfortunately, you've stumbled on a known goofy bug. You need to wait out the 10 days of the original add-on to be able to re-buy it.

At the rate you're going though...maybe you would use the 1gb.

What might work is to buy the 1gb and then ask the moderators to make the adjustments in your account afterwards. That way you'd have data. But it could take upwards to a couple days to hear back from them.

No wifi available?

Need Help? Let's chat.