cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add on - Payment with your balance?

Laucg19
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi I just wanted to know if it s possible to pay an Add On with your balance (if you have enough) I have the 15$ and I may not use all the balance with calls or messages and as I do not have enough funds (7$) I wanted to know if it s possible that other option and not lose the money. 

Thank you for your help! 🙂

11 REPLIES 11

Megan1

Thank you! I appreciate this!!

Megan1

Thanks very much!!

@Megan1 wrote:

Hi, I am from Canada but travelling in the US. 10 days ago, I called 611 and added money to my balance. $22.40 now shows up on my credit card history from that transaction. Then I purchased an $8 unlimited text add-on. So, my remaining balance should have been $14.40.

Then, 4 days ago, without my consent and for no apparent reason, Public Mobile charged my credit card an additional $1.12. I have never gotten randomly charged before, as my plan auto-renews and is supposed to just stop working if I go over my minutes, etc.

And today, I called 611 to buy another $8 add-on, and it said my balance was not sufficient to buy that. So now Public Mobile has taken $15.52 from me, and that is money that has just disappeared and not been used for anything by me.

Any help with explaining why this might be happening would be much appreciated!

Thanks a lot.

Hi,

you need to remember that the amount charged to your credit card includes taxes from the province you are from. 

So you probably only had a $20 credit on your account. 

Also the $1.12 + the remaining credit may be the difference your account needed to renew your plan. 

Your best logging into self serve and seeing what is listed under payment history.

@Megan1 wrote:

Hi, I am from Canada but travelling in the US. 10 days ago, I called 611 and added money to my balance. $22.40 now shows up on my credit card history from that transaction.

@Megan1  So I'm assuming that amount is $20 plus tax = $22.40

Then I purchased an $8 unlimited text add-on. So, my remaining balance should have been $14.40.

@Megan1  Your PM balance does not include tax so your account balance is $12.00

($20 - $8.00)

Then, 4 days ago, without my consent and for no apparent reason, Public Mobile charged my credit card an additional $1.12. I have never gotten randomly charged before, as my plan auto-renews and is supposed to just stop working if I go over my minutes, etc.

I'm assuming you are on the $15.00. Since your balance was was $12 + $2 AutoPay reward = $14.00 so you were 1$1 dollar short. So during your renewal PM took the missing $1 plus tax which is $1.12. All is good.

And today, I called 611 to buy another $8 add-on, and it said my balance was not sufficient to buy that. So now Public Mobile has taken $15.52 from me, and that is money that has just disappeared and not been used for anything by me.

You need to add the $8 in your account before you can purchase the add-on.

Thanks a lot.

Megan1

Hi, I am from Canada but travelling in the US. 10 days ago, I called 611 and added money to my balance. $22.40 now shows up on my credit card history from that transaction. Then I purchased an $8 unlimited text add-on. So, my remaining balance should have been $14.40.

Thanks a lot.

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

@Laucg19 wrote:

Hi I just wanted to know if it s possible to pay an Add On with your balance (if you have enough) I have the 15$ and I may not use all the balance with calls or messages and as I do not have enough funds (7$) I wanted to know if it s possible that other option and not lose the money. 

Thank you for your help! 🙂

Just wanted to step in here and clarify that a) you are not loosing the money,(if you don't need an add-on you can just llet the available funds sit, and it will be applied to your next renewal).

And b) I'm not sure how to interpret the "may not use all the balance with calls or messages" part of your post. At Public Mobile there is no pay-per-use. If you don't prepay for your service you don't get the service. For the add-ons to work you need a plan first ( note that you need the talk feature in your plan if you want to make use of Canada wide add-on minutes). $15 get you 100minutes of outgoing calls, unlimited incoming calls, unlimited texting and 250 MB of data. If you are not using all of it in the 30day plan period, the counters will just reset at renewal when the system charges your credit card on file ( plan cost - auto pay rewards - referral rewards (if applicable) - community rewards (if applicable) - available funds) + sales taxes.

If you don't have a credit card on file you will not be eligible for the air pay rewards and if there are not enough available funds to cover your plan cost your plan will not renew and your service will be suspended (your account can be in suspension for 90 days, after that your account will be closed and you loose the phone number associated with it.)

Westcoaster_1

Just to add to that. You have to put money on to your balance before hand if you don't have enough in there for the add on. 

Go ahead and buy the add-on you want. The $$ in your Available Funds will pay for it as long as there's enuff there. Log in to My Account and look for the Purchase Add-on button. Click it and you'll see the menue.

Laucg19

@GinYVR thanks how can I do it?

Laucg19

Thanks, how can I do it?

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@Laucg19Yes you can pay an Add On with your balance.

Need Help? Let's chat.