cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add-on Data and plan data available but not working

Choudhury
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

hi, 

I purchased some data and also have some data from my original plan, but when I'm outside I cannot seem do do my tasks, for example downloading emails and such with data. I can download them just fine once I'm back home and use wifi to do so. 

Any idea why this might be happening? 

Thanks, 

Choudhury 

7 REPLIES 7

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

can you browse internet with the browser app on data at all?

can you use other apps like Facebook, Whatsapp, etc?  Just want to see if it is a email app issue or if you didn't setup data properly, or maybe other things like data saver turned on, mobile data turned off, etc

wellis
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Depending on what phone your using, there may be an option to toggle low data mode on and off. That means it may prevent you from doing downloads and running background updates while using cellular data. 

ws2
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Make sure that your data saver isn't on. 

Scour your connection settings to make sure that nothing is left on. You might also need to restart your device with the wifi off. That would be annoying to do every time, but it would tell you if it was some pesky connection setting.  

stevenanto
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

The first step is to ensure that your data in your phone settings is actually on, if you have a samsung or android it is as simple as pulling down the settings menu and pressing the icon with the two arrows (one going up, the other going down)

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Choudhury wrote:

hi, 

I purchased some data and also have some data from my original plan, but when I'm outside I cannot seem do do my tasks, for example downloading emails and such with data. I can download them just fine once I'm back home and use wifi to do so. 

Thanks, 

Choudhury 

Hi @Choudhury ,

• Try rebooting your phone.
  • Try toggling into airplane mode for a few minutes, than back to regular mode.
  • Remove your SIM, then reinsert it
  • Do a Reset of your Network Settings

@Choudhury wrote:

Are you a new customer and did the data ever work? If didn't work, I would look at your APN settings as per the the instructions in the message above mine.  If data did work before, I would suggest looking inside your self serve account to see how much data you have in your plan.  Also check if the add-on is properly in your account. Sometimes, the add-on purchase procedure can be confusing as the webstie does not allow add-ons to be purchase if the balance isn't already in your account balance.

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Choudhury Did you turn on your "data" in your phone?
Here is the APN setting of your phone:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles?q=apn

Need Help? Let's chat.