cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add on / Auto Pay

Annepater
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I just purchased an add on for international travel.  I topped up my account with the appropriate amount of $$ and now show as having $20 balance - I am on auto pay & my monthly bill is going to be due while I am travelling.   Will my monthly bill automatically pull the funds from my credit card or should I add more $ to my account?  Thank you

7 REPLIES 7

@CountyDownIeUk wrote:

@softech wrote:

@Annepater   which add-on you bought for international travel?  the International Long distance is to call from Canada to other countries.    PM only roaming option if for US Roaming

for your monthly bill question, if you have Autopay enabled, PM will deduct money when it is time.  Just login a day of two after and confirm if Autopay successful and your account is active

That does not answer the OPs question. 

Autopay did fail occasionally.   If you are worry, you can load the full amount first, the amount will sit as "Available Fund" on your account  and PM will then deduct from there and for sure no issue

That is as clear as mud.  Give the OP a better explanation. 

@CountyDownIeUk  Good points, that meant I have lots to work on to improve

@softech wrote:

@Annepater   which add-on you bought for international travel?  the International Long distance is to call from Canada to other countries.    PM only roaming option if for US Roaming

for your monthly bill question, if you have Autopay enabled, PM will deduct money when it is time.  Just login a day of two after and confirm if Autopay successful and your account is active

That does not answer the OPs question. 

Autopay did fail occasionally.   If you are worry, you can load the full amount first, the amount will sit as "Available Fund" on your account  and PM will then deduct from there and for sure no issue

That is as clear as mud.  Give the OP a better explanation. 

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@Annepater wrote:

Hi, I just purchased an add on for international travel.  I topped up my account with the appropriate amount of $$ and now show as having $20 balance - I am on auto pay & my monthly bill is going to be due while I am travelling.   Will my monthly bill automatically pull the funds from my credit card or should I add more $ to my account?  Thank you

@softech 

When you have a balance, your 30 day payment will be taken from balance first then your auto pay if more $ is needed for your 30 day payment. The PM method is good as payments will erode your balance first. Trust me it is the correct method. 

To buy an add on, use your balance or top up your balance and then as the second step....buy the add on right away as add ons do not expire* until used up. 

*The exception is.....USA add ons expire in 10 days. So they should be bought same day as departure OR day of arrival in USA. 

USA add ons are the only international calling/roaming that PM offers. All other add ons are for using while IN Canada. 

If your travel is somewhere other than Canada or USA. Then the options are...an unlocked phone and a prepaid plan at your destination.....often you can buy a SIM at the arrival airport.....study that before leaving.......or find a voip app to use over wifi only which has its obvious restrictions. 

To to avoid auto pay failure....use the hybrid method of auto pay. For more info @Annepater  feel free to PM me. 

@Annepater 

If you are travelling outside of the US or Canada there are no roaming options available from pm. You will need a global or local sim card or depend on free wifi. Here are some travel tips:

Spoiler

Options for your account and service....

1. You can turn off autopay and allow the account to suspend at the of your current 30 day cycle but this is your least advantageous option. Pay and reactivate by day 85 or so.
  2. If you have an account balance that exceeds your plan amount then you need to suspend via the lost/stolen feature in your account before midnight eastern on the evening of your renewal. Then on day 85 or so resume your service to pay and reactivate.
  3. Suspending via lost/stolen before midnight eastern will keep your voicemail active allowing you retrieve voicemail and any verification sent by phone calls. However your rewards will not be applied to your account. CSA contact after paying and reactivating is necessary to have the rewards applied manually.
  4. Voicemail can be accessed by calling your pm number from a different phone by calling your phone # and pressing * once connected and entering your 4 digit voicemail pin #.
  5. If you don't have an account balance or enough balance to cover your plan amount you can suspend via lost/stolen after midnight but before 2 am eastern on the day of your renewal. Once your rewards have been applied (usually by 12:15 am et) then suspend your account. Voicemail access will be lost.
  6. Switching to the $15 plan with rewards helping to cover a partial or full amount of your plan allows you to call forward your pm number to your fongo number. Be sure to perform all call forwarding while in Canada. Now any incoming calling to your pm number will ring thru to your fongo number while on wifi or mobile data (w/a local or global sim card) You can access your fongo voicemail for all voicemail messages.

Most important mark on your calendar day 85 of your suspension and day 90. Do not forget when you must unsuspend your account via lost/stolen and/or pay and reactivate your service so you don't lose your phone number and account. Happy travels!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Annepater 

at public mobile offer service only in US

For US Roaming 10 day packages
Unlimited U.S. Talk, Text and 250MB Data Bundle = $20
Unlimited U.S. Talk and Text Bundle = $15
Unlimited U.S. Talk Only = $8
Unlimited U.S. Text Only = $8
U.S. Data Only 10 day packages
250MB = $10
500MB = $15
1GB = $20

when you visit US and then Purchase it,

sign in to Self-Serve, to review your account, if you found at Available Funds: $$

Try To Purchase Add-Ons Using Your Self-Serve Account

To purchase Add-Ons using your Self-Serve account, follow these steps:

1. Click on ‘Purchase Add- Ons’ on the Overview tab and scroll down to the Add-On calculator.
  2. Click the plus sign (+) to add and the minus sign (-) to remove selected Add-ons.
  3. When you’ve added all your desired Add-Ons, click ‘Buy Add-Ons’ or ‘Make a Payment’ below the calculator:
    • You will see ‘Make a Payment’ instead of ‘Buy Add-Ons’ if there are not enough funds in your account to make the purchase.
    • If you don’t have sufficient funds to purchase the Add-Ons, you will be asked to make a one-time payment equal to the price of the Add-On, less your current available funds. Click ‘Submit’, then ‘Go back’: now the button below the calculator will say ‘Buy Add-Ons’.
  4. Select ‘Confirm my purchase’, and you’re off to the races!
  5. after you Add-on you have to do Rebooting your phone

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

Overview Of Add-Ons visit Here link..

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Annepater : So ok good you have done step one. But as mentioned, the travel add-on is for the US.

So you can leave that money there for your next renewal and the autopay will only take what it needs to finish paying for your plan.

But if you're on the $15 plan then you might want to suspend your account before that renewal if you'll be out of country before then.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

Need Help? Let's chat.