cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add-Ons

Kered13
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have the 100 minute plan.

I understand use them or lose them each month.

I am considering purchasing the 500 minutes.

I understand you keep those until they are used up.

If I purchase the 500, can I opt out when I have reached what I think will get me through for a few months.  Once depleted, opt in again?

Or do I misunderstand all of this?

Anyone...

18 REPLIES 18

@Anonymous 

You got geeked!

@RosieR 

Double geeked!!

@Anonymous wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

These three threads have been merged.

And disabled my solution!! ?? 🙂 🙂

so that's what happened to my post that was chosen as solution.. topic got merged and my solution disabled.  I thought oh well maybe the OP changed their mind. lol  Anyway, @Anonymous sorry that your solution got disabled.   

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Kered13  I have add ons more than 6 months old that are still available for use. On the other hand, if you buy an add on and never use it, there is no refund.

@Kered13  Add-ons are a one-time purchase they are not recurring so you buy the add-on once and when your 500 minutes are used up you can buy it again.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 wrote:

And disabled my solution!! ?? 🙂 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kered13 wrote:

Regarding the $5/500 minutes.

When opting out, I meant opting out of continuing building a "bank" of the 500 minutes.

Let's say after a couple of months I see that hardly any have been used.  Stop building and start using.  Once pretty much used up opt in to purchase the add on again.  Can we do that? - I apologize for not being clear.

I now understand one must have an active plan and the plan minutes will be used first or those ones will disappear if not all used - not the add on ones.

Still sorting, thank you

Is this what you mean?...you don't keep buying the add-on each "month". You buy one once and then you consume the minutes over time. Some people still have add-ons from a few years ago.

You _could_ stack up multiples and have that many minutes to consume but you don't need to.

@Kered13 You 100 plan minutes don't carry over and accumulate. Use them or lose them every 3o days. You don't build up the add ons unless you keep buying them when you don't need to. Buy one 500 min add on. It may last a year or more depending on your usage pattern. Once it's gone buy another one as required. No opting in or out or sideways.

Helpershelper
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Kered13 

I think your best bet is to buy that 500-minute add-on. You can’t opt out of anything as it’s all prepaid. It’s in your best interest to continue using everything in your plan. Rest assured you are still saving a ton compared to other users.

Kered13

Regarding the $5/500 minutes.

When opting out, I meant opting out of continuing building a "bank" of the 500 minutes.

Let's say after a couple of months I see that hardly any have been used.  Stop building and start using.  Once pretty much used up opt in to purchase the add on again.  Can we do that? - I apologize for not being clear.

I now understand one must have an active plan and the plan minutes will be used first or those ones will disappear if not all used - not the add on ones.

Still sorting, thank you

Helpershelper
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Kered13 

I can understand your frustration with this. I'd be happy to clear this up for you. You must have an active plan for an add-on to work, that's why it's called an add-on. Now you probably should get the cheapest plan and get the add-on you want. Either way, you're saving a ton compared to other users.

@Kered13 wrote:

Still uncertain that I can purchase this add on while opting  out for a few months while I use the gain.  Then opt back in for a couple months.  Then opt out and in over and over.  

You will only be able to use this addon when you have an active plan.  The lowest plan has 100 minutes of outgoing and unlimited incoming and unlimited texting for $15.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Kered13 wrote:

Still uncertain that I can purchase this add on while opting  out for a few months while I use the gain.  Then opt back in for a couple months.  Then opt out and in over and over.  

If you mean opting out as suspend your service, yes, you can suspend your service and pay within 90 days to reactivate your service to continue to use your $5 500 minutes add-on.

Please note that you need an active plan in order to use your 500 minutes add-on.  You cannot access your add-on minutes without an active plan.  The cheapest plan is $15 plan with 100 outgoing minutes.  After you used all your 100 outgoing minutes, your 500 minutes add-on will be used until your next renewal date.  Any unused add-on minutes will be rolled over to next 30 days cycle.

@Kered13 wrote:

@Kered13 You cannot opt out and use only the $5/500 mins add on. You have to have an active plan to use the minutes. Once your 100 plan minutes are gone your add on mins start to be used until your renewal date. The unused add on minutes carry over indefinitely until all used up.

Kered13

@Kered13 

All add ons with the exception of the US roaming add ons are a one time purchase that stay on your account (rolling over each 30 day cycle) until they are completely consumed. The $5/500 min add on is very popular for anyone with $15 plan. It provides peace of mind that you will not run out of minutes in the middle of a call or near the end of your 30 day cycle. You can also get a calling app such as textnow or Fongo so that you may call your voicemail without using your outgoing minutes and/or while you are on wif.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Kered13 wrote:

If I purchase the 500, can I opt out when I have reached what I think will get me through for a few months.  Once depleted, opt in again?

Anyone...

Add-on minutes need an active plan before it works.

You need to renew you $15 plan before to continue to use the add-on minutes.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Kered13 wrote:

Anyone...

Your regular Plan minutes get used first, then the add-on minutes get consumed until next renewal when Plan minutes take over again.

Add-on minutes stay on the account until you use them up..even if that takes several months or longer.

Need Help? Let's chat.