Add On

Pokey
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just added the US talk text 10 days.  When will it be activated

11 REPLIES 11

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Pokey 

I'm glad things worked out - just for future reference, the long-distance add-ons are for calling the specified country/countries,  while you're in Canada.  These add-ons expire when they are used up and will remain on the account until then.

The roaming add-ons, which are limited to 10 days duration, are for use when you are travelling within the United States only.  After 10 days, they expire whether used or not.

yiruiruan

You should be able to add it once you are signed in.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ab/plans

It does have the add on on there.

If you login to you account, click on plans and add-ons, then click on my add-ons. Select this one highlighted below. The 1000 minutes expires whenever you finish using the 1000 minutes, no time limit. You were probably looking at the US Roaming option in the last column which is for when you are physically in the States. 

CapturePM.PNG

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Pokey wrote:

I didn't complete the transaction; thats a good thing,  I don't see the 1000 US talk for $15

@Pokey   Okay that's good and no need to contact moderators.  Just log back in and make sure your have enough funds (might need to add more) and then purchase the add-on you need.

Pokey

Found it.  Thanks !

Pokey

I didn't complete the transaction; thats a good thing,  I don't see the 1000 US talk for $15

@Pokey wrote:

No I'm not in the States.  I want to phone to the states.

@Pokey That's the wrong one. Is the price of the US add-on still showing in Available Funds? If so just make a 1 time payment so that Available Funds total $15 then buy the 1000 minute US add-on. It will remain on your account until completely used.

On the other hand, if you actually completed the procedure to by the 10 day US roaming add-on, you will need to contact the moderators for a refund AND buy the correct one.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Pokey wrote:

@Pokey   Then you've purchased the wrong add-on and will need to message moderators to remove that add-on and give you an account credit for the wrong purchase.  Here's a link to chatbot to submit a ticket to moderators for the account credit, follow prompts to submit your ticket:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

While you wait to hear back from moderators, you can go back into your account and purchase the correct add-on of $15/1000 mins for US calling from Canada.  This add-on won't expire and remaining mins remain on your account until depleted.

BTW do you actually see the US roaming add-on in your self serve account?  Perhaps you only added funds and didn't make the purchase in which case you can use those funds towards getting the correct add-on.

Pokey

I want to call to the States and it says I dont have that in my plan.  Help!

Peggy

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You need to purchase the US long distance calling add-on.

1000 U.S. Long Distance Minutes - $15

Calls made to numbers starting with the following six digit combinations are not included in US calling from Canada and will not be completed when dialled: 712-432, 605-562, 641-552, 605-475, 605-477, 712-775, 559-726

You could try contacting a moderator to see if they will refund the amount.

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Pokey

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Pokey wrote:

I just added the US talk text 10 days.  When will it be activated

@Pokey   That add-on is for use when traveling in the US...are you in the US?   It should be available immediately if you followed all the steps and rebooted the phone.

Add-ons require that you first add funds and then take the second step of purchasing add-on, make sure you took both steps and check to see if the add-on appears under My Data & Add-on on the overview page of your account.

You can also make sure you are connected to either AT&T or T-Mobile.

Need Help? Let's chat.