cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add-On not working

Abhinav
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Initially, I have purchased an Add-on for $8.00 - US Unlimited calling for 10 day period after my payment, my balance showed as $8.00 till now everything went well. I waited for the Add-on to update on my plan. But, no luck

I called Customercare and added add on via phone and the only option I was given was $8.00 for 200 minutes. Because of urgency, I have activated this. After this the add-on I activated for Unlimited US calling was gone from my account and this 200 minutes one has been activated.

So, finally, I need my 10 days US unlimited one which I initially bought and activated NOT 200 minutes one for $8.00. 

6 REPLIES 6

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@Abhinav 

Are you going to USA? That add-on is only valid on USA.

How much data do you have in your account?

You can use TextNow or hangouts dialer for unlimited calls to USA.

Hangouts dialer can use your own number as display (and call back) so that people who expect your call will not screen it. They both use very little data, I use about 40-50 megs per month

tabi159w
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I would contact a Moderator in this situation if you purchased the wrong add-on. For the 10 day add-ons, they are active as soon as you activate them so be mindful of that. Also, make sure you understand the two-step process for purchasing an add-on. You add funds to your account first and then you purchase your desired add-on.

zblackma
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Are you in the States @Abhinav ? If you are not, then wait until the morning of travel to buy the US addon. It activates as soon as purchased.  Enable roaming and restart your phone once in the US.

If you are in the US, add a VoIP app such as TextNow, and use it over WIFI to make calls.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Abhinav hi first  that 10 day  add only works while you are in the U.S. and starts as soon as you purchase it.buying an add on is a 2 step process you put money in your account and then go back in and buy add on  

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Abhinav wrote:

Initially, I have purchased an Add-on for $8.00 - US Unlimited calling for 10 day period after my payment, my balance showed as $8.00 till now everything went well. I waited for the Add-on to update on my plan. But, no luck

I called Customercare and added add on via phone and the only option I was given was $8.00 for 200 minutes. Because of urgency, I have activated this. After this the add-on I activated for Unlimited US calling was gone from my account and this 200 minutes one has been activated.

So, finally, I need my 10 days US unlimited one which I initially bought and activated NOT 200 minutes one for $8.00. 

For the 10 Day US Roaming talk or text add-on...make sure you have at least $8 in Available Funds.

Then click on Purchase Add-ons and then select the correct option you want.

Need Help? Let's chat.