cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Active plan

Mac84
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have a 40$ a month plan but I try making a call and it says I have no active long distance plan. It's canada wide. How do I fix this 

11 REPLIES 11

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Mac84  Make sure you account is active by dialing 611 and also make sure you are dialing the correct area code  

@RosieR 

Yeah...not very correct....

AE_Collector

@AE_Collector wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Jb456 wrote:

Let the message play out then it should connect the call or put a 2 infront of the number.

Does that work?

A 2?

Yes, should be a “3” for Public Mobile. Koodo dials “2” and Telus “1”.

🙂

AE_Collector

@AE_Collector this is correct?  Wow!  I learn new this everyday.  😊

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AE_Collector wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Jb456 wrote:

Let the message play out then it should connect the call or put a 2 infront of the number.

Does that work?

A 2?

🙂

AE_Collector

You of all people would know darn well that this is a Canada/US country code. Ain't nuttin' to do wid the carrier. 🙂

@Jb456 wrote:

@computergeek541  I fixed it. You know was just rushing incase you move the thread and I get the red screen again 🤣

You know that I was just kidding.It's really easy to type something incorrectly when the two keys are beside each other.

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Jb456 wrote:

Does that work?

A 2?

🙂

AE_Collector

@computergeek541  I fixed it. You know was just rushing incase you move the thread and I get the red screen again 🤣

@Jb456 wrote:

Does that work?

A 2?

AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire

Try dialing 1 and then your number. While you have a Canada Wide plan, not everyone else using the network does thus the Long Distance message. Areas are still divided into local calling areas from the land line age and a 1 signals that you want to call outside the local calling area a wider area and since YOUR plan includes this you wont have to pay extra.

AE_Collector

@Mac84 wrote:

I have a 40$ a month plan but I try making a call and it says I have no active long distance plan. It's canada wide. How do I fix this 

The first thing to do is to make sure that the number is being dialed correctly.  Although it should not matter (calls should still go through anyway), there have been some reports of some calls not proceeding unless a 1 is dialed before the area code.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Let the message play out then it should connect the call or put a 1 infront of the number.

Does that work?

Need Help? Let's chat.