cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation of no

Girish_1976
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello , I had purchased a public mobile sim in nov 2019 and travelled to India in Jan. I was coming back in the month of March, so paid to activate the sim on 14th of march. But due to this covid situation , I was not able to come back till yesterday. I tried to call 611 and it is not working. Could you please help me? 

7 REPLIES 7

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Girish_1976 wrote:

Hello , I had purchased a public mobile sim in nov 2019 and travelled to India in Jan. I was coming back in the month of March, so paid to activate the sim on 14th of march. But due to this covid situation , I was not able to come back till yesterday. I tried to call 611 and it is not working. Could you please help me? 

@Girish_1976   Unfortunately, as already mentioned, it looks like you waited longer than the 90 days of account suspension to try to reactivate your account which means you've lost your number as well as your account and now need to purchase another SIM and start anew.  This will also mean that you will need another email, as PM doesn't permit reusing the email you had used previously. 

Do you know if the number you had previously was originally provided by either PM, Telus or Koodo?  If it was, there's a small chance you might be able to retrieve your old number (if that is important to you, that is) when activating a new account, but you will need to message moderators to find out if that number is still available, or you could just call your old number and if someone answers, then you know it's gone.

BTW PM is offering a flash sale for new activations on a plan of $25 or more with an added bonus of  one time 3GB data add-on...here is a link to that promo:  https://www.publicmobile.ca/flash-sale-05262020

Please note today is the last day to register to receive this deal, so don't delay if you are interested.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Girish_1976  If dialing 611 does not work then that suggests that your account was suspended for more than 90 days and now is closed.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Girish_1976 log into your self service account. What does it say? Thanks.Welcome back. 

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Hi

What is your status when you login?

When you put the money on the account to reactivate did you actually press reactivate button and did you status change to active?

If not your account may be gone

How did you pay for it voucher ort credit card.

Get the transaction number from your credit card, or the voucher number and contact moderators about it.

https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/ 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You should remove any personal information by clicking on the three dots.  When you login into your account what is.the status ?

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Girish_1976 

When did you last pay your account?  If your plan has been inactive or suspended more than 90 days, your account is closed permanently.  Unfortunately, your number is also lost.  

You will need to activate a new phone number/account.  You might be able to get your old number back.  

Please remove the phone number from your original post.  

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@Girish_1976 please edit your phone number out of this message it is a public forum. 

Can you log into your self serve account?

Try logging into your self serve then check to see if your account is still active.

Edit: March 15th 2020 until now is not past 90 days your account is not yet closed. But it will be on July 15th 2020 if you had not set up autopay or your account is suspended.

Need Help? Let's chat.