cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activated sim card and paid but can not use phone, money in my account but no service, am connected

Styelp2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I went through the SIM card activation and Phone number port steps, followed by my payment.

After payment, I received this message:
" Oops ... It seems that something went wrong .. Please href=" https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help" Target="_blank">email us to get your account operational. We apologize for any inconvenience. " My credit card was charged.

I received an activation details email saying that my 4-digit pin has been registered and that my self serve account has been created, but I am unable to login because it says that email cannot be verified. Now, I have no working number (no texts data or voice) and I am also unable to login to My Account / Self Serve.

Iam also unable to do account recovery (as my email address cannot be verified).

The phone shows as being connected to the Public Mobile network and shows LTE but I receive texts saying that I have no texting plan on this account, data also does not work and neither does voice.

9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@laminakcamara 

So if you go click me and on the right side try to create account...what do you get?

Does your old SIM still work?

Can you call the 611 service with the PM SIM in?

laminakcamara
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I went through the SIM card activation and Phone number port steps, followed by my payment.

After payment, I received this message:
" Oops ... It seems that something went wrong .. Please href=" https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help" Target="_blank">email us to get your account operational. We apologize for any inconvenience. " My credit card was charged.

I received an activation details email saying that my 4-digit pin has been registered and that my self serve account has been created, but I am unable to login because it says that email cannot be verified. Now, I have no working number (no texts data or voice) and I am also unable to login to My Account / Self Serve.

Iam also unable to do account recovery (as my email address cannot be verified).

The phone shows as being connected to the Public Mobile network and shows LTE but I receive texts saying that I have no texting plan on this account, data also does not work and neither does voice.

jeffster1970
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Nsk143 wrote:
Since their lots of tagging for mod. Pretty sure mod team will jump in here and resolve all issues. Hopefully

I do imagine. Again patience will be key here. It's frustrating a first but worth it in the end. 

Still trying to get used to good coverage without paying an arm and a leg. 

Nsk143
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville
Since their lots of tagging for mod. Pretty sure mod team will jump in here and resolve all issues. Hopefully

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

hang tight! the mods will be with you ASAP!

tommytabanca
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

hi im having the same issue.. PMed the moderators.. awaiting reply. thanks @MarieHelene_L @Mary_M @Shazia_K

tommytabanca

@ninizinzu wrote:

It's a common bug while activation lots of peoples having.
Send a msg to mod they will look after you soon hopefully. Be patience since mod have lots of work load on them but they will resolve your issue.
Contact any moderator by private message to help you with the process.
In your private message the following info
* PM account email address
* PM phone number
* PM SIM card number
* Detailed explanation

Here is the link for how to contact moderators http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updiated-Contacting-our-Community-Moder...

What you do click on link the webpage will open. You will see a mod team click on any name then scroll down all the way and click on send a private msg then explain your problem
Thanks"

ninizinzu

It's a common bug while activation lots of peoples having.
Send a msg to mod they will look after you soon hopefully. Be patience since mod have lots of work load on them but they will resolve your issue.
Contact any moderator by private message to help you with the process.
In your private message the following info
* PM account email address
* PM phone number
* PM SIM card number
* Detailed explanation

Here is the link for how to contact moderators http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updiated-Contacting-our-Community-Moder...

What you do click on link the webpage will open. You will see a mod team click on any name then scroll down all the way and click on send a private msg then explain your problem
Thanks"

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

You've encountered an activation/porting error. For help with this, you should send a private message to any moderator listed here:
http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Modera...
Include your PM SIM card number, e-mail address, the phone number you're porting, your account number with your previous carrier, and the authorized name exactly as it appears on that account.

Unfortunately, moderator response time is longer than normal (currently 2-3 days) due to the backlog of help requests from the Freedom-targeted promotion, so I advise turning on e-mail notices for private messages in your community account (see first link).  That way, you'll quickly see any reply without having to constantly check your community inbox.

Need Help? Let's chat.