cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account expired, can't add-on

martingoulet78
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am trying to add add-ons to my account but can't, since it is deemed expired. No matter how much cash I have available in my account I cannot get rid of the incorrect expired status. I am headed to the states and need roaming stuff...please help??

Thanks in advance,

Martin

21 REPLIES 21

@martingoulet78 

Have a safe flight! Cheers!🥂

martingoulet78

Haha we were on the tarmac I swear! 😛

Updated the solution.

Cheers!

@martingoulet78 

Lol...you are using your phone on a plane?!!🏁⚠️🚫Click the 3 dots of the chosen post.

martingoulet78

Yes. That was an qccidental button click from a plane seat. Will see if i can change it.

@martingoulet78 wrote:

No i just waited longer actually..

@martingoulet78 

Then why did you choose @softech tip as solution to your issue?

While I did tell you it's most likely just a delay in the self serve website being updated.

That won't really help other users in the future.

@martingoulet78 

That's your solution....patience. If you have the funds in your balance the whole time (from at least midnight eastern when your service actually renews) then there is nothing you can do but wait for the entire renewal to finish and see it take your payment and record your $10/30 DAY PLAN + $30/DATA debit lines in your transaction history. If you rely on autopay to pay then it's a lot more guesswork as to whether it failed or is it running late?

martingoulet78

No i just waited longer actually..

@martingoulet78 

So renewals were running about 6 hours behind last night? Did suspending your service via lost/stolen force your payment through?

martingoulet78

All is good now. Account is now active and I have purchased my add ons. I guess it was a matter of time for a server refresh and mentioned.

Thank you all for the prompt attention!!

Best,

Martin

@martingoulet78 

Don't panic. You have enough funds to pay for your plan in your balance. You cannot force the system to take a payment during the renewal process. You have to wait for the system to hit the correct timing for it to pull your plan amount from your balance and/or trigger autopay. You still have active service don't you?

Looking at the time that you posted the renewals are running late as has been the case lately. Normally it would pull/charge your plan amount at 2am eastern. If you didn't have enough to cover your plan amount and you were not registered for autopay then if on time you would then have til 6am eastern to pay and reactivate or 4 hours after the time the plan payments do actually go thru before an unpaid account would have their services suspended.

Check your transaction history for your 30 DAY PLAN/$10 and your 5GB DATA/$30 (or other data) charges to appear then you know your plan has renewed and you can add payments or purchase add ons again.

US roaming add ons start immediately on a 10×24 hour clock (240 hours) so wait til you are just about to leave Canada to actually purchase them. (Add funds then choose, confirm and submit your add on purchase.) When you arrive in the US reboot your phone then manually choose either at&t or T-Mobile....whichever has better signal for your location. Stay--Safe and Happy Travels!!

@martingoulet78 wrote:

That is all correct. Pressing the reactivate button brings me to add even more cash in

@martingoulet78  try this trick:

Go to “Plan and Add-Ons” TAB
Select "Lost/Stolen Phone" TAB
Select "Suspend Service" BUTTON
Then, Select Resume/Reactivate Service
Reboot your phone.

@martingoulet78 wrote:

That is all correct. Pressing the reactivate button brings me to add even more cash in the account which is unnecessary at this point

Have you tried Lost/Stolen Phone feature?

Just to verify if you have done what I asked before: Have you called 611?

Is your service still working ?  If it is, your plan isn't really expired, it's most likely just a delay in the self serve website being updated.

martingoulet78

That is all correct. Pressing the reactivate button brings me to add even more cash in the account which is unnecessary at this point

@martingoulet78 wrote:

I have plenty of funds and tried incognito as well, thx for suggestions.

So if I understand correctly, you have $150 in Available Funds? but cannot reactivate your account?

Do you see a Reactivate button on your account page?

You can try to use the Lost/Stolen Phone feature to suspend then resume service to see if it would reactivate the account.

@martingoulet78 wrote:

Step 2) is unavailable to me because I am expired (prevents you from buying add-ons)

"Your account is currently expired. You will need to top up to reactivate and purchase add-ons."

Reactivation brings me to the Make a Payment page, and 3 times I added funds tbis way without getting rid of the status.

Have you Tried logging back in using another browser /incognito mode (ex: Chrome incognito)?

martingoulet78

I have plenty of funds and tried incognito as well, thx for suggestions.

martingoulet78

Step 2) is unavailable to me because I am expired (prevents you from buying add-ons)

"Your account is currently expired. You will need to top up to reactivate and purchase add-ons."

Reactivation brings me to the Make a Payment page, and 3 times I added funds tbis way without getting rid of the status.

@martingoulet78 wrote:

Thanks for the prompt response ! No it is not, I think I simply added add-ons yesterday before increasing my balance. So as of this AM, I am flagged as expired. Do we know how long it takes for the system to check that balance and rectify? Is it a once a day thing?

Do you see any money in Available Funds?

Buying add-ons is a 2-step process:
1) Fund your account
2) Make the purchase
Are you sure step 2 is done?

Try logging back in using another browser /incognito mode to help get rid of any possible website errors.

martingoulet78

I did Add ~$150 of balance on the account, which is 3-fold what is required for plan qnd add-ons, but expired status remains unfortunately, preventing purchasing more addons.

martingoulet78

Thanks for the prompt response ! No it is not, I think I simply added add-ons yesterday before increasing my balance. So as of this AM, I am flagged as expired. Do we know how long it takes for the system to check that balance and rectify? Is it a once a day thing?

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@martingoulet78 wrote:

I am trying to add add-ons to my account but can't, since it is deemed expired. No matter how much cash I have available in my account I cannot get rid of the incorrect expired status. I am headed to the states and need roaming stuff...please help??

Thanks in advance,

Martin

Is your account in the process of renewal?

If yes, the "expired" message is normal, it will disappear once the payment goes through.

Call 611 an see what it says. You can also buy data add-ons via 611 if you remember your PIN.

Need Help? Let's chat.