cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account deactivation

J5
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, 

Does anyone know for how long your account remains active if you don't add funds to your account and your cycle is over? 

Do you loose your number if your account is deactivated? 

Thanks 

7 REPLIES 7

Can you post a screenshot of your payment history (hide personal info please), so that we can see what payments and processing have been done?

As this is your renewal day, processing may not yet be complete.

As I understand your post, you're on the $10 previously and wish now the $40 plan.  Is this correct?

emery_a
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there,

When I dial 611, I am told that the amount owing to my account is $10. My account payment was due yesterday (oops) and I went to pay it today. My available funds happens to be $10, and my account has been suspended. I went through and made a credit card payment for the amount due, ($10). How long will my account remain suspended? When will it reactivate?

Also, I signed up for the $40 per month plan, but am told I only owe $10?? Does this mean I have only used $10 of data for the month, or should I be paying $40 even though 611 says I only owe $10?

Thanks

JaK
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Ah, we are interrupting @J5's question differently...hopefully this will clear up any confusion between @Luddite and my answers:

If the funds are available or autopay is on before the end of the plan cycle, the account will automatically roll over to a new plan cycle. If not, the account goes suspended, and a new plan cycle must be explicitly started before the end of the 90 day suspension period or the account will be deleted, regardsless of whether funds are there or autopay is on at that point. 

@J5 If you are asking whether you can leave the correct balance in your account to pay your plan automatically when you get to 90 days expired, the answer is no. Autopay takes money from your account and/or credit card on the expiry date not at the date your account would be deleted.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

JaK
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Yes, but remember that the available funds must be enough to cover the next plan cycle plus applicable taxes. The easiest way to do this is to set up autopay onto a credit card so that funds are automatically available (assuming you are not over you credit limit 🙂 ), with the bonus being that you get $2 off per 30 days for doing it that way. (The only thing to watch out for then is to make sure you update your credit card expiry date when renewed.)

J5
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Okay, Thank you @Luddite

So as long as the available funds in the account are enough for the plan cycle it will renew itself after the set amount of days?

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle
90 days from expiry date then account is closed and number lost forever. Your service is suspended during the 90 days.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.