cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Status: Plan Expired

Winning247
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey guys, 

I just logged into my account and it says my plan is expired. I'm on the $25 plan and have been with Public for 1.5 years now. I haven't changed plans and I'm also on Autopay. 

I checked my credit card in the system and it seems to be working. My payment due date is scheduled for tomorrow. 

Is anyone else getting this message?

13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Pottertons wrote:

Between a few lines, I've been with PM for a few years now and have always used auto pay. 
This is the first I've ever noticed this. 
One of my lines has had no service for almost 2 days. Very strange. 
I think I'll just do the manual top-up from now, or see if PM can be added as a 'bill payee' on my bank account.

@Pottertons 

You won't find them there.

You can use 611 or the self-serve to make manual payments. But if you've gone this long without incident then maybe it was just your turn. Leave it for another renewal and see what happens. Keep an eye on it of course.

Pottertons

Between a few lines, I've been with PM for a few years now and have always used auto pay. 
This is the first I've ever noticed this. 
One of my lines has had no service for almost 2 days. Very strange. 
I think I'll just do the manual top-up from now, or see if PM can be added as a 'bill payee' on my bank account.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@kb_mv wrote:

@srlawren  What I find hard to understand is they send you a welcome email, how hard is it to add on the explanation at the end? 

@kb_mv not very.  However, not everyone reads (and/or retains) info from emails like that.  I'd still prefer they show you something more user-friendly during a renewal.  Technically the message is correct and your plan is expired as your current cycle is ending but they know they're in progress of renewing rather than actually expired/suspended, so they should only show a message that says you're expired when you're effectively expired.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@srlawren  What I find hard to understand is they send you a welcome email, how hard is it to add on the explanation at the end? 

srlawren

@kb_mv wrote:

@srlawren Months ago after seeing repeated threads and concerns over this I suggested to a moderator (who thought it was a good idea and said they would forward it on) that they pin a Renewal explanation to the community page and send out an email explaining the renewal process when people sign up. Never happened......

@kb_mv trust me, this has been suggested MANY times.  Back when I was an active oracle, I begged the oracle contacts at PM to change this on several occasions.  Many years ago.  For some reason, this is just not a priority for them.  Very dismaying. 

There used to be a "Labs" are of the community where people could submit and upvote ideas.  It got killed off a couple of years ago as PM was unable to deliver on the excellent things that were suggested and it was leading to community frustration, but yes this was another topic that was featured regularly there.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@srlawren Months ago after seeing repeated threads and concerns over this I suggested to a moderator (who thought it was a good idea and said they would forward it on) that they pin a Renewal explanation to the community page and send out an email explaining the renewal process when people sign up. Never happened......

srlawren

@Winning247 wrote:

Thanks for the clarification everyone!

@Winning247 it blows my mind that 5 years (or more, that's just how long I've been with PM) later, PM still hasn't changed how they display this status in Self Serve.  This literally freaks out everyone the first time they see this, and there have been hundreds of threads asking this same question over the years. PM insists on freaking out their new[er] customers instead of just changing it to show "renewing" or "plan renewal in progress" rather than "plan expired".  So stupid.

Winning247

Thanks for the clarification everyone!

@cin7 wrote:
As an additional note, you'll receive a text message from Public Mobile once your account refreshes for the next month of service (i.e. Autopay fully processes your payment).

That's not the correct timing. The plan renews long before the text message. Public Mobile won't send those text messages late night or early morning, or until afternoon in the east side of the country.

cin7
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
As an additional note, you'll receive a text message from Public Mobile once your account refreshes for the next month of service (i.e. Autopay fully processes your payment).

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Winning247 , as already indicated this is a funky metamorphosis the account goes through on renewal night.  As long as the service is working, please don't touch anything and let the system do its thing.  The account will show active status by noon the following day.  

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Winning247 if you live in western Canada, your renewal actually starts today. hence why you see the renewal process in your self serve. your plan/data will reset at 9:00pm

I think at 11:00pm is when your credit card will be charged. many users manually top up ahead of time to avoid the potential of auto-pay failing. 

for "payment type" you need to choose "other, enter the desired amount" not "amount due" 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Winning247 wrote:

Hey guys, 

I just logged into my account and it says my plan is expired. I'm on the $25 plan and have been with Public for 1.5 years now. I haven't changed plans and I'm also on Autopay. 

I checked my credit card in the system and it seems to be working. My payment due date is scheduled for tomorrow. 

Is anyone else getting this message?

Everybody does. At midnight ET it will change to suspended status. Don't worry. Step away from the self-serve. As long as your services keep working through to noon ET tomorrow you're fine.

Need Help? Let's chat.