cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accidentally added US roaming too early

sushasumi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was wondering if a mod could help me, I added US roaming too early. I didn't realise it would begin with purchase and wanted it to start tomorrow instead. Is there a way to "unpurchase" it, or move the start date to tomorrow (13/02/2020?)

7 REPLIES 7

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@gblackma wrote:

@sushasumi add the TextNow app and use it on WiFi to text/ call for the last couple of days. Enjoy your trip .

@sushasumi do note that with TextNow (or Fongo, or TalkaTone, or other VoIP service) you would have a spearate phone number.  So if you made calls to people using TextNow (or the others), people will see the caller ID as your TextNow number and not your Public Mobile number.  Also the same with texts that you send using it, they'll come from your TextNow number.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@sushasumi   You could actually help the whole community out. Your roaming add on is good for 10x 24 hours=240 hrs from the time of purchase. So if you purchased it at 9am on the 12th it will expire at 9am on the 22nd. To repurchase we believe it shows back up on your account available for purchase the next day. So we think at 12:01am et. If you happen to have a chance to observe when it becomes available we would greatly appreciate it. Enjoy your trip!

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@sushasumi add the TextNow app and use it on WiFi to text/ call for the last couple of days. Enjoy your trip .

@sushasumi wrote:

Thank you for replying! I will be there >10 days, so I'm hoping to make the most of it. Thank you for helping me navigate the forums. 

What you do, don't try to purchase the same add-on twice and have them both on your account at the same time. I'm heard stories that if someone manages to do this, that phone calls won't work.

I believe that you're going to run into a problem when you do want to purcahse the add-on again. The system isn't going to let you purchase the same roaming add-on again until 24 horus have passed since the last one has expired. 

sushasumi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you for replying! I will be there >10 days, so I'm hoping to make the most of it. Thank you for helping me navigate the forums. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sushasumi wrote:

I was wondering if a mod could help me, I added US roaming too early. I didn't realise it would begin with purchase and wanted it to start tomorrow instead. Is there a way to "unpurchase" it, or move the start date to tomorrow (13/02/2020?)

How long will you be in the states for? If less than 10 days then it wouldn't matter.

But to change it you'll need to contact the moderators using the ? balloon in the lower right (if it shows up for you)

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@sushasumi , it is pretty late in the day.  By the time you have it adjusted, it will probably be tomorrow.  Hopefully you don't need to full 10 days and it won't matter much.  

Need Help? Let's chat.