cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About my 100 minutes / $15 plan

tds2008
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, it says it's "Unlimited Incoming Calls" of the 100-minute plan, but why does Public still count the incoming calls as "use minutes" and deduct from the 100 mins when I answer any call? That's apparently misleading and unfair if you do not pay attention to the usage details. Can anyone who works for Public Mobile give me a convictive answer, or just fix the issue for me? Thank you in advance.

14 REPLIES 14

tds2008

Thank you but I could not find the Support on any pages of PM.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@tds2008 : Edit: nvm then I read the thread. 🙂 Another place to see the detail is after clicking Plan Details.

tds2008

Thank you for your answer! I've just checked the recent use and figured out that the incoming calls are all calculated to the total use -- snipped picture is as below.

PublicMobileTDS.png

I've changed my plan by picking the same $15/month again. However, it would be available since next renewal day -- which will be in the middle of November.

tds2008_0-1634957804919.png

We'll see if it changes but I believe it will. Thank you very much in advance! Of course, Bravo!

tds2008

Hi, thank you for your reminder. I just checked the info in your way and found there are exact minutes used and remained and made sure the incoming calls have been calculated in total use. It displays as below.

PublicMobileTDS.png

roberto24
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

i am using the same plan like you for 6 months and i know  for sure the incoming call are unlimited.it is a good plan for peaple like me:regards

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@tds2008 

To summarize the information provided by previous posts:

1.  Click the Plan Details link on the overview page after login to your account.

image.png

If your plan does not have unlimited minutes, you have an old $15 plan without unlimited incoming minutes.  Schedule plan change to the current $15 plan on your next renewal date. 

2.  Don't check on the usage history using the View My Usage link.  As @Anonymous put it, it is simply a log of all the activity of your usage.  You should look for a usage line showing how many outgoing minutes you used since renewal on your overview page.  The following usage line is from my $15 plan.  I used 7 minutes out of my 100 outcoming minutes.

100 Minutes Canada-Wide Talk
7  /  100 MIN

Please note that if your overview page does not show your minutes usage line, you had used all your 100 outgoing minutes.

3.  You can purchase the $5 500 Canada wide minutes after using all your 100 minutes for the current cycle.  Please note that add-on minutes does not have an expiry date.  Any unused minutes will be carried over to next cycle until you used them all.

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@tds2008 Would recommend you change your plan to the current 250 MB $15 plan in your self serve account unless you changed your data/talk habits then upgrading to the next tier might make sense. To do so, you'll login to your self serve, then change plans, click the plan you want! Set for next billing cycle unless you ran out of minutes this month, then click change immediately. Remember to top up with a voucher/credit card, unless you have auto pay on then it should go through.

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

did you change the plan recently from 100 calling minutes to unlimited incoming and 100 outgoing minutes? 

If not and still your usage in "my account" shows incoming calls as minutes then contact support on the bottom right. 

@tds2008    Also if you need more out going call minutes, don't forget about getting the add on of 500 minutes for only $5.00 .  That's pretty cheap and they don't expire. They keep rolling over month to month until you use them all up 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@tds2008 : Don't pay attention to the usage details. Think of it as simply a log of all the activity of your usage. It's the front page counter that matters. Is that number going up when you take an inbound call?

On the newer $15 plan looking at usage is pointless. You would have to monitor this on after and inbound our outbound call to see if you lost minutes from an inbound call. 

Screen Shot 2021-10-16 at 8.02.35 PM.png

@tds2008 

Did you first get your $15 plan in the spring of 2019 when it was first introduced? The limited incoming/outgoing $15 plan was only on offer for about 6 weeks before it was updated to include incoming minutes.

Maybe pop back in December too....to see if pm keeps up with the tradition of the "more the merrier" campaign with free data add on and international calling minute add on gifts to its customers.Don't be a stranger!

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@tds2008   What is showing on the Plan details when you login to My Account?  does it show unlimited incoming calls there?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@tds2008 

Look under your plan details in your account. I sounds like you are on the old $15 plan without unlimited incoming minutes. You can schedule a change plan the next renewal to the updated $15  plan that includes unlimited incoming minutes.

Need Help? Let's chat.