cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A question about the currently advertised in QC "28 dollar 2.5 gig data plan (35 dollar plan)"

Kate_mcc
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Ok I have two questions as I have recommended to a good friend to change to public mobile with the "28 Dollar 2.5 gig plan". 

1- how long will she get the rate of 28 which includes her $2 preauthorized payment plan?

2- if it ends after a specific time where can I find that info on the plans pages?

Thank you for taking the time to help me.

Kate

70 REPLIES 70

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@mimmo  your post before says new and existing. Think it's just for new as I don't see it in my account.

Screenshot_20201114_142546.jpg

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

The Oracle's were given a heads up on this plan.  

Below is an excerpt....

How to redeem this offer:

1. When activating the SIM online or in-store, customers must choose the $35 plan.
  2. A $5 monthly discount will automatically be applied to the account.
  3. Customers must sign up for AutoPay to receive the automatic $2 monthly discount

Please note that this plan is only available in Quebec, for both new activations and existing customers.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@mimmo  I think it may just be for new customers. I'm in Montreal with a 514 area code and I don't have it in my account.

Screenshot_20201114_134232.jpg

mimmo

@Kate_mcc the plan is available for new and existing customers.  I am assuming you meet the QC residency requirements?  (Not sure if it's Tel number, city, or province which selfserve checks...)

If the plan meets your needs I would future date a plan change, and see what happens.  You need to select the 35$ plan, a $5 credit should show up eventually .

Also take screenshots of the plan the future dated plan etc... So if you don't get the credit you have a paper trail to contact mods...

Kate_mcc

When I go to "change my plan" it shows a 35 dollar plan, no mention of a 30 dollar price.This made me think it is only for new clients.

Kate_mcc

I have to say it is a pity this plan did not exist when I signed up!!

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@Kate_mcc  Don't forget to give your friend your referral code. Found top right of your account.

Screenshot_20200122_075123.jpg

Your friend will get a $10 signup bonus credited within 72 hours of activation and you will get $1 off per 30 days as long as they're a customer.

mimmo

Public has the right to increase any plan with a 30 day notice.  that being said this rarley happens.  (has only happened with legasy customers who had phone support, and PM was wanting to move everyone to online support model.  

if there is no expiry on the plan discount you will probably keep it for a long time as long as you adhere to the terms of the QC specific offer

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Kate_mcc 

The Quebec price is $5 off from the rest of Canada ($35 plan - $2 autopay).  The autopay can be applied to every PM plan and there is no expiry date.  

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

They will continue to get $2 discount as long as they have autopay setup.  

To redeem this offer:

Step #1. When activating your SIM online or in-store, choose the $35 plan.

Step #2. Your $5 monthly discount will automatically be applied to your account.

Step #3. Sign up for Autopay, and you’ll get an automatic $2 monthly discount.

This offer is subject to change without notice.

Need Help? Let's chat.