cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Sim Card and a Plan for Phablet

Sherry1313
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have a plan with PM on my cellphone. recently I have bought a phablet and want to buy a new sim card with the $15 plan. Would the plan work with my phablet?

I have never had a phablet and have no idea if I need any specific sim card or plan for my phablet.

Thanks!

16 REPLIES 16

@Sherry1313 first thing you should do is a network reset. 

• goto settings scroll down and tap system
  • scroll down and tap reset options
  • tap reset wifi,mobile, Bluetooth
  • tap reset and restart

see if your services work. if they don't, then try searching for the pm network and manually connect to it. also select 3g and not auto as your network type as other users have suggested.

to change the network type:

• goto settings>network
  • tap mobile network
  • scroll and look for preferred network type or something similar to that and choose 3g

this is also the same menu where you can manually select the network provider(public mobile)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Sherry1313 wrote:

I found manually search for network. it gives me EXT as available network. when I push it, says can not connect to this network now, try again later.

Network type should be near by. Might be called Network mode. If you see mention of GSM then see what other options are available. You're looking for 3G or WCDMA or UMTS or HSDPA. Bonus marks for LTE or 4G.

Sherry1313

I found manually search for network. it gives me EXT as available network. when I push it, says can not connect to this network now, try again later.

@Sherry1313  does the tablet have two sim slots or just one? If it has two try the other slot.

I see in pic. It had Telus. There must be a section in the tablet to manually search for networks to select? If you find where to search for networks you need to find PM network and connect to that.

Let us know. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

It is an obscure brand. The GSM mention doesn't bode well.

Must have more specs captain.

Sherry1313

I inserted my PM sim card into the slot of the Phablet. and sent you the status. I can not call. receive this message: mobile network not available. I also sent you phablet specifications.

thanks for help!

Sherry1313

about tablet.jpgsim status.jpgsim management.jpg

Might be this possibly. MEDIATEK zh960

zh960_tablet__10_2560x1600_64gb_4gb_ram_1546226097_4fc5d30f0_progressive.jpeg

If it is it says it has dual sim but I am having trouble finding the band's.

Screenshot_20200524_175327.jpg

@Sherry1313  if it has a sim card slot. Quickest way to check if it would work on PM is pull your sim card out of your phone and put it into the tablet see what happens.

As others said textnow a good option for free over wifi.you can call/text Canada /USA and people can even leave a voicemail when not online.

Let us know.

@Sherry1313 wrote:

I like to have a new phone No and a new plan for my phablet, but a cheap plan for only receiving calls.

You could download a free voip app like TextNow. You'll be able to talk/text for FREE as long as you have a wifi signal...and seems like wifi is ubiquitouis nowadays. Did I mention it was FREE !!

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Sherry1313 does the tablet have a physical SIM slot?   If it doesn't it will not a work with PM. You could do what I did, my tablet doesn't have  a physical SIM slot.   So, I have my TextNow number and WhatsApp on my tablet and use them over Wifi. Stay safe. 

Sherry1313

I like to have a new phone No and a new plan for my phablet, but a cheap plan for only receiving calls.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Sherry1313 wrote:

I have a plan with PM on my cellphone. recently I have bought a phablet and want to buy a new sim card with the $15 plan. Would the plan work with my phablet?

I have never had a phablet and have no idea if I need any specific sim card or plan for my phablet.

Thanks!

Best to give us some more info about the devise...what make / model is it ?

Edit; you beat me to it.

Sherry1313

It doesn't have a make. 

Model No: ZH960

Android version:9.0

fdrcamb519
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Sherry1313 

@Sherry1313 wrote:

Thanks!

A cellular tablet, is basically an oversized phone. let us know make and model to help you

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Also you can't have two sims using the same plan. If the tablet is compatible you would need a new sim, different email to activate a new account. Then you would be paying for two plans per 30 days.

Or you could always switch your sim between devices. Depending what one you want to use that day.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

What's the make and model of the tablet?. Tablets that have cellular capabilities still require it to be compatible with PM frequencies.

Need Help? Let's chat.