cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

90 days to resume service?

jotwlau
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Do I have 90 days to resume service (same sim card & phone #) if I transfer to another provider? If so, would I be resuming the plan I was on (add-ons and bonuses included?) or would I have to pick an in-market plan?

4 REPLIES 4

@jotwlau It is true that if you port out, then your old PM account is closed and your PM SIM will no longer work.

At that point, if you want to rejoin PM, you'll need to start over with new SIM, new plan and new account.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@jotwlau 

You cannot change plan during reactivation after suspension.  You need to reactivate your old plan first before you can change to another plan.  Please note that PM is a prepaid provider and there is no refund of the unused days of your current cycle.  i.e. if you change plan right after reactivation of your old plan, there is no refund of unused days.  Similarly, if you port your number to another provider, you will not get any refund for the unused days of your current cycle.

As soon as you reactivate your plan, your add-ons will be active again with an active plan.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@jotwlau wrote:

Do I have 90 days to resume service (same sim card & phone #) if I transfer to another provider? If so, would I be resuming the plan I was on (add-ons and bonuses included?) or would I have to pick an in-market plan?

@jotwlau No, if you port out to another provider you PM account automatically terminates and you are locked out.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@jotwlau wrote:

You have up to 90 days to resume with PM. If your PM account is suspended or expired with PM for 90 days, you will lose your account and phone number.

If you want to transfer your PM number to another provider, your PM account has to active.

You cannot use your PM SIM card with another provider. If you want to pick a new provider, you have to buy their SIM card.

Any time you want to change plans or create a new account, you have to pick from the plans offered at that time.

Need Help? Let's chat.