cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

90 day plans

Michael6
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hello!

I used to love being on a 90 day plan. What ever happened to those?

I'd probably even be willing to go for a one year plan. Really even out that data usage and guarantee public mobile some income.

Thanks, 

Michael

22 REPLIES 22

danielj
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@bluejaywpg wrote:

Thanks to all who replied to my post.  Just to reiterate & clarify...

As I said, "PM may want to remove references to it that imply it's still available."  In other words, that could mean removing entire pages that reference it, or just changing the wording to reflect that it's no longer available, but it remains grandfathered for those who are still on that plan.  That way, relatively new PM users like me don't get all excited about a service that doesn't exist anymore.  It's up to PM how they want to take care of it.

I don't think it's necessary to remove such references posted in the Community.  Forums contain all sorts of information that may be current or outdated, & people generally should know that, or know to ask about it in case it's no longer current.  PM doesn't represent what someone says in the community, except what the moderators post.

I joined PM in May 2020. And I don't recall ever seeing an option to do a 90 day plan, so I assume it's been unavailable for at least 7 months, but possibly for years.  Somebody missed updating this for a long time.  Hopefully, a moderator or someone else sees my earlier comment & directs it to the appropriate person to update or delete the page.

Yes, changing the wording and clarifying which plan(s) are still available would be the key over removing article(s) overall for now.

@ve3zt wrote:

Thank you. Is there a link that really spells out the plan in detail?

All regular plan details are listed at: Plans (publicmobile.ca)

ve3zt
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you. Is there a link that really spells out the plan in detail?

@ve3zt wrote:

I'm on the 90-day plan, but want to change to the 15$ plan. How do I do that?

You can perform this change from your self serve account, but be sure that you understand that you won't be able to get your old plan back. You'll probably also want to pre-schedule the plan change to happen at renewal time. Otherwise, you'll lose any remaining time and money spent on the original plan.

ve3zt
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm on the 90-day plan, but want to change to the 15$ plan. How do I do that?

bluejaywpg
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Thanks to all who replied to my post.  Just to reiterate & clarify...

As I said, "PM may want to remove references to it that imply it's still available."  In other words, that could mean removing entire pages that reference it, or just changing the wording to reflect that it's no longer available, but it remains grandfathered for those who are still on that plan.  That way, relatively new PM users like me don't get all excited about a service that doesn't exist anymore.  It's up to PM how they want to take care of it.

I don't think it's necessary to remove such references posted in the Community.  Forums contain all sorts of information that may be current or outdated, & people generally should know that, or know to ask about it in case it's no longer current.  PM doesn't represent what someone says in the community, except what the moderators post.

I joined PM in May 2020. And I don't recall ever seeing an option to do a 90 day plan, so I assume it's been unavailable for at least 7 months, but possibly for years.  Somebody missed updating this for a long time.  Hopefully, a moderator or someone else sees my earlier comment & directs it to the appropriate person to update or delete the page.

danielj

@bluejaywpg wrote:

Hmm, if 90 day plans are no longer available, PM may want to remove references to it that imply it's still available.

https://publicmobile.ca/en/mb/get-help/articles/differences-between-30-day-and-90-day-plans

To elaborate on what @kb_mv said there are still people that are on 90-day plans. The "legacy" customer still on those plans. Those people may find the information in that article/webpage helpful.

Also there would also be reference about 90-day plans in the community. I doubt they would want to "remove" all refence everywhere. They may eventually start restricting public access to some of their own "articles" and/or webpages to be just internal company access. But would be doubtful that would full prioritize this when there are still legacy customers on 90-day plans that they may want to voluntarily switch to a 30-day plan.

Have all have to remember that Public Mobile like most things is a work in progress and attempt through the community to drive to be better. If that is removing older articles or bringing back older plan options.

@bluejaywpg wrote:

Hmm, if 90 day plans are no longer available, PM may want to remove references to it that imply it's still available.

https://publicmobile.ca/en/mb/get-help/articles/differences-between-30-day-and-90-day-plans

@bluejaywpg they would one day but the priority now is to get all the toys ready for santa by Christmas Eve. 😉

Happy Holidays! 🎄🎄🎄

@bluejaywpg wrote:

@bluejaywpg There are still people on the 90 plans from when they did offer them. If you look around those help articles you will find lots of stuff that needs updating.

bluejaywpg
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

danielj

Yeah, I remember the 90-day plans. I use to be on a 90-day plan before switching at the time to a promotional 30-day plan. Public Mobile also use to offer something like 10 or 15-day plans which they stopped "offering" even before they stopped offering the 90-day plans if I remember correctly. As for as I know the 90-day plans and 10-day plans now are only available to those who are grandfathered into them.

The short period plans where nice options for those who are travelers and 90-day plans nice for those with different data usages. 90-day plans also would have a small discount or slightly better pricing compared to the 30-day plans, while still able to utilize the auto-pay features to make them more affordable to those knowing they are unlikely to switch from Public Mobile. Paying for 90-days while on a 30-day plans does amount to the same as only the auto-pay is available.

But they are no longer an option for new users to sign-up with or existing customers to switch to (or switch back to), those plans. It ultimately is likely simply due to supply and demand. They likely tested it out and over the long-term there was probably not enough demand for these plans with different coverage and pay periods.

Due to the existing renewal days and remaining various frequencies would make it a little more difficult for Public Mobile to fully switch to a "monthly" plan period.

Public Mobile in a lot of ways feels like they are still a way to "beta-test" stuff for Telus. With some of there options being successful and ultimately stick around and are the reason we do the same. It is unfortunate that plan period options were untimely unsuccessful as they were appreciated (at least by some of us).

I do wish they would consider bringing back 90-day plan options.

Michael6

Agreed but the 15$ off for 12 months at koodo was too good to pass up 😊

I'm back though!! 

bros3n

very good point. I suppose since Im not a frequent mover of phone companies (basically because our area is fairly limited coverage for most subscriptions). the auto pay is an amazing feature. 

Thanks! 

Hi @bros3n 

I wouldn't recommend buying 3 months (90 days) in advance, unless you're CERTAIN you're going to remain with Public Mobile for at least 90 days.   Once you pre-pay, you're in or you otherwise lose the funds if you leave.   

There is no real benefit in doing that as @ShawnC13 explains.

But if you're going to do that, make sure you have a payment card registered for Auto-Pay so you at least receive the $2.00 Auto-Pay reward each 30 days.

@bros3n wrote:

you could  just pay for 3 months and let it ride. 

@bros3n, yes you can do that but with a 90 day plan you had your data set out over those 90 days. So you would have 4GB/30 days and if you reach that your data is shut off, with the 90 day plans the data was more flexible to be used over 90 days.  You could use 3gb/5gb/4gb in the 3 30-day periods making up the 90 day plan.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Michael6 wrote:

Hello!

I'd probably even be willing to go for a one year plan. Really even out that data usage and guarantee public mobile some income.

Thanks, 

Michael

I am on a 90-day plan and that is one of the things that really interested me when I came to Public Mobile.  The flexibility with the data to me makes it feel like I do have more than 12GB of data over those 90 days.  There are many times I don't use up 4GB in 30 day period but when I use 6 in a 30 day period I am very happy I am on this plan.  It is unfortunate that PM no longer offers the 90-day plans or the plan builder.  The ability to customize your plan just for you was a huge bonus but now it is gone.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

bros3n

you could  just pay for 3 months and let it ride. 

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Michael6 wrote:

Hello!

Thanks, 

Michael

Hi the 30 day plans seem to be more cost effective and all that are available now but there is nothing stopping a person that would like to pay ahead for  90 days or longer 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Michael6 wrote:

Hello!

Thanks, 

Michael

See what happens when you leave. 🙂 Loyal customers that were on those plans are still on those plans.

There are one or two pay as you go providers that you can leave money in for a year.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

They have not been available for sometime.  All plans are now 30 days.

yanzhiqiang
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

90 day plan no longer exists.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

They've been grandfathered,  @Michael6 

Only 30 day plans are now available. 

Need Help? Let's chat.